Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hi Geneva!

Hi everyone :)

I arrived in Geneva a few days ago as I'm starting my job contract here soon as an IT engineer. I joined glocals since I would love to get to know some new friends here, meet up to play some football (if the restrictions allow), learn languages (currently I'm starting to learn French), winter swim, hike or just to hang out. I hope you're doing great during these crazy times and perhaps we'll meet quite soon.

P.S. I am currently struggling to find some (available) apartment or room in Geneva. If anyone knows some tips & tricks on how to get one that won't cost you an arm and leg I would be more than thankful :)

Marek

The text you are quoting:

I arrived in Geneva a few days ago as I'm starting my job contract here soon as an IT engineer. I joined glocals since I would love to get to know some new friends here, meet up to play some football (if the restrictions allow), learn languages (currently I'm starting to learn French), winter swim, hike or just to hang out. I hope you're doing great during these crazy times and perhaps we'll meet quite soon.

P.S. I am currently struggling to find some (available) apartment or room in Geneva. If anyone knows some tips & tricks on how to get one that won't cost you an arm and leg I would be more than thankful :)

Marek

Marek NJan 11, 2021 @ 12:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 656 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hi Geneva!
Post 1

Marek

Jan 11, 21 12:52

Welcome to Geneva and especially to glocals!

If you check the “Groups” and “Members” tabs you will find plenty of contacts for sport and a wide variety of other activities.

For accommodation, your best bet is the Classifieds, where you will find plenty of housing offers as well as the opportunity to insert an ad. of your own.

So all the best for your new job and your new home in Geneva.

Ritchie

Welcome to Geneva and especially to glocals!

If you check the “Groups” and “Members” tabs you will find plenty of contacts for sport and a wide variety of other activities.

For accommodation, your best bet is the Classifieds, where you will find plenty of housing offers as well as the opportunity to insert an ad. of your own.

So all the best for your new job and your new home in Geneva.

Ritchie

Ritchie, Jan 11, 2021 @ 14:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Marek!  

Welcome to Geneva!  It is a weird time right now of course with the new restrictions.  I wish you the best of luck finding a new place and can put you in touch with some folks who may be able to help.   PM me for my number if you wish and we can coordinate

Hi Marek!  

Welcome to Geneva!  It is a weird time right now of course with the new restrictions.  I wish you the best of luck finding a new place and can put you in touch with some folks who may be able to help.   PM me for my number if you wish and we can coordinate

Matt W, Jan 17, 2021 @ 20:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you guys for a warm welcome. Currently I'm visiting some of the apartments and I think there's a light at the end of this tunnel... but anyway will call you back if there will be still any difficulties :)

Have a good one

Thank you guys for a warm welcome. Currently I'm visiting some of the apartments and I think there's a light at the end of this tunnel... but anyway will call you back if there will be still any difficulties :)

Have a good one

Marek N, Jan 19, 2021 @ 16:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 656 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form