Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > How to go outside?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How to go outside?
Hi, I moved completely on my own to Geneva in late December and I love the place. I love the sun and the mountains and the light in the morning and evening, even the Jet d'Eau, but I'm beginning to talk to myself more and more! Where do my like-minded people go when the weekend is here? I'm one of these international traveller types who's away a couple of nights every week, which makes it difficult to do anything regularly. What I seem to be doing at weekends is catching up on washing and sleep and going to the gym, but there must be some way of going outside! I'm no sad individual and I'd rather be making friends (especially with any Swiss to improve my French or Italian, though I'm not fussy!) than sitting in my apartment or keeping quiet on the bus and tram. I'm sure my fellow voyagers would love to speak! Two questions: Who/what can tempt me out at the weekend? Does anyone else take buses 1 or 28 or trams 13 or 15 up to and down from the international area in the morning? Be great to get some chat!
The text you are quoting:
Hi, I moved completely on my own to Geneva in late December and I love the place. I love the sun and the mountains and the light in the morning and evening, even the Jet d'Eau, but I'm beginning to talk to myself more and more! Where do my like-minded people go when the weekend is here? I'm one of these international traveller types who's away a couple of nights every week, which makes it difficult to do anything regularly. What I seem to be doing at weekends is catching up on washing and sleep and going to the gym, but there must be some way of going outside! I'm no sad individual and I'd rather be making friends (especially with any Swiss to improve my French or Italian, though I'm not fussy!) than sitting in my apartment or keeping quiet on the bus and tram. I'm sure my fellow voyagers would love to speak! Two questions: Who/what can tempt me out at the weekend? Does anyone else take buses 1 or 28 or trams 13 or 15 up to and down from the international area in the morning? Be great to get some chat!
elvisMar 11, 2006 @ 00:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1065 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: How to go outside?
Post 1
To just come out to one of the events and meet a bunch of us. I promise we are friendly, and not all that frightening.

Next time there are drinks being planned and you are in town, just come along.

Hope to see you out soon!
To just come out to one of the events and meet a bunch of us. I promise we are friendly, and not all that frightening.

Next time there are drinks being planned and you are in town, just come along.

Hope to see you out soon!
Jillybeano, Mar 11, 2006 @ 14:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Well, I was tempted outside, and I had a great time of it! Thanks to the people who set this up and got me moving at last!
Well, I was tempted outside, and I had a great time of it! Thanks to the people who set this up and got me moving at last!
elvis, Mar 12, 2006 @ 13:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
As you can see, I did indeed make it out last night and had a great time! Hope other newbies will be encouraged too!
As you can see, I did indeed make it out last night and had a great time! Hope other newbies will be encouraged too!
elvis, Mar 12, 2006 @ 18:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1065 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form