Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Indian Girl student moving soon to Geneva. Looking for a place to stay!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Indian Girl student moving soon to Geneva. Looking for a place to stay!!

Hello everyone, I am Manvi Chaudhary. I am 23 years old. I will be moving to Geneva by the end of August 2021. I will be pursuing my Masters in International Relations at the Geneva School of Diplomacy.

I am looking for a place to stay. I am a very accommodative and adaptive person. Anyone looking for a roommate is welcome to chat.

Apart from this, I love singing and writing. I am a fitness enthusiast. I follow combat sports like boxing and MMA.

I love to meet new people. I am full of adventure and always open to be a part of different cultural activities.

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone, I am Manvi Chaudhary. I am 23 years old. I will be moving to Geneva by the end of August 2021. I will be pursuing my Masters in International Relations at the Geneva School of Diplomacy.

I am looking for a place to stay. I am a very accommodative and adaptive person. Anyone looking for a roommate is welcome to chat.

Apart from this, I love singing and writing. I am a fitness enthusiast. I follow combat sports like boxing and MMA.

I love to meet new people. I am full of adventure and always open to be a part of different cultural activities.

manvi chaudharyJul 8, 2021 @ 15:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 2083 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Indian Girl student moving soon to Geneva. Looking for a place to stay!!
Post 1

Hi, you can see previously posted messages under Classifieds thread. Figure out a place where you wish to stay. Mention Pin Code while searching. 1292 is the pin code of GSD. 1202 is pin for main city. Hope this helps. They are some of the popular sites   https://realadvisor.ch/en/property-for-rent

https://www.immobilier.ch/

homegate.ch

Facebook market place

Hi, you can see previously posted messages under Classifieds thread. Figure out a place where you wish to stay. Mention Pin Code while searching. 1292 is the pin code of GSD. 1202 is pin for main city. Hope this helps. They are some of the popular sites   https://realadvisor.ch/en/property-for-rent

https://www.immobilier.ch/

homegate.ch

Facebook market place

Umesh C, Jul 14, 2021 @ 09:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello, thank you for the response.

I would like to ask you one more thing, what is the reasonable price to get a single room for a girl student in Geneva. In context to places near GSD.

Hello, thank you for the response.

I would like to ask you one more thing, what is the reasonable price to get a single room for a girl student in Geneva. In context to places near GSD.

manvi chaudhary, Jul 14, 2021 @ 11:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

GSD area code is 1292 (Pregny). You can search in this area. Price could be based on many factors like proximity to public transport, market etc. It is an expensive city. I am 3 months old here hence would not be able to elaborate much.

https://realadvisor.ch/en/rent/1292-chambesy/room-flatshare?east=6.156942034619078&north=46.2467230584432&sortBy=%22grossRentMonthly%22&sortDirection=%22ASC%22&south=46.20052419487757&west=6.095916415112242

GSD area code is 1292 (Pregny). You can search in this area. Price could be based on many factors like proximity to public transport, market etc. It is an expensive city. I am 3 months old here hence would not be able to elaborate much.

https://realadvisor.ch/en/rent/1292-chambesy/room-flatshare?east=6.156942034619078&north=46.2467230584432&sortBy=%22grossRentMonthly%22&sortDirection=%22ASC%22&south=46.20052419487757&west=6.095916415112242

Umesh C, Jul 15, 2021 @ 17:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

As already suggested, check the housing offers in the glocals Classifieds where you can also insert an ad. under “Housing wanted”.

Accommodation is expensive in Geneva and, as already mentioned, is linked to amenities, public transport, etc.

As a very general rule of thumb, I would suggest that CHF 800 per month is about the least you can expect to pay for a decent room and access to the bathroom and kitchen facilities.

In any case, bring a supply of regular medication, favourite toiletries, clothes for all seasons, and so on.

Geneva has always been an expensive city and probably always will be.

All the best,

R.

As already suggested, check the housing offers in the glocals Classifieds where you can also insert an ad. under “Housing wanted”.

Accommodation is expensive in Geneva and, as already mentioned, is linked to amenities, public transport, etc.

As a very general rule of thumb, I would suggest that CHF 800 per month is about the least you can expect to pay for a decent room and access to the bathroom and kitchen facilities.

In any case, bring a supply of regular medication, favourite toiletries, clothes for all seasons, and so on.

Geneva has always been an expensive city and probably always will be.

All the best,

R.

Ritchie, Jul 15, 2021 @ 20:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Manvi ! 

Good to hear, I'm convinced that you will like Switzerland so much, 

To find a place, I have a little trick that I've found lately to share with you, this site : https://www.lookmove.ch/fr/immobilier/louer/appartements-maisons,3/geneve,201279

I've found my apartment on it, it garthers all the adverts of every website so you don't have to lose time checking every site every day, 

Good luck and welcome, 

Paul

Hi Manvi ! 

Good to hear, I'm convinced that you will like Switzerland so much, 

To find a place, I have a little trick that I've found lately to share with you, this site : https://www.lookmove.ch/fr/immobilier/louer/appartements-maisons,3/geneve,201279

I've found my apartment on it, it garthers all the adverts of every website so you don't have to lose time checking every site every day, 

Good luck and welcome, 

Paul

Paul Germin, Jul 19, 2021 @ 22:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Paul!

My name is Zoya (from Russia). I am about to move to Geneva to work for the WMO (at the beginning of Ocotber). 
Could you kindly share what kind of documents you applied to rent a flat (with the residential lease contract)?
Thanks!!!

Zoya

Hi Paul!

My name is Zoya (from Russia). I am about to move to Geneva to work for the WMO (at the beginning of Ocotber). 
Could you kindly share what kind of documents you applied to rent a flat (with the residential lease contract)?
Thanks!!!

Zoya

Zoya Andreeva, Aug 10, 2021 @ 17:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 2083 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form