Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Irish and New to GoL

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Irish and New to GoL
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone out there! I'm Annie, Irish and been living in Geneva for 2.5 years now. Just discovered GoL.

Love the city, and find that it's a great place for meeting new people. Love Sindy parties too, and I think it's obvious from the massive GoL membership that there are a lot of people looking for "craic", looking to meet new people and basically spreading the sunshine!

Long may it last. Am amazed at the amount of time and effort all of you organisers put into this site and Sindy in general.

HOW DO YOU DO IT?!!

Would love to come to new members drinks, but can't this Wednesday...would be great to know when next one is.

Annie
The text you are quoting:
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone out there! I'm Annie, Irish and been living in Geneva for 2.5 years now. Just discovered GoL.

Love the city, and find that it's a great place for meeting new people. Love Sindy parties too, and I think it's obvious from the massive GoL membership that there are a lot of people looking for "craic", looking to meet new people and basically spreading the sunshine!

Long may it last. Am amazed at the amount of time and effort all of you organisers put into this site and Sindy in general.

HOW DO YOU DO IT?!!

Would love to come to new members drinks, but can't this Wednesday...would be great to know when next one is.

Annie
AnnieKFeb 28, 2006 @ 21:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 993 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Irish and New to GoL
Post 1
Hi Annie, and welcome to GoL :-)

As u will soon noticed, you found the right place to have loads of "craic" This week is already a pretty busy one, you just have to pick which member activity you wanna join. Maybe you already signed up for the "NMD" (which is a very nice start) or you might consider to join us Thursday night at the Krazy party "Kiss me 2night"??

Anyway... we're looking forward to meeting you

Cheers
Phoebs
Hi Annie, and welcome to GoL :-)

As u will soon noticed, you found the right place to have loads of "craic" This week is already a pretty busy one, you just have to pick which member activity you wanna join. Maybe you already signed up for the "NMD" (which is a very nice start) or you might consider to join us Thursday night at the Krazy party "Kiss me 2night"??

Anyway... we're looking forward to meeting you

Cheers
Phoebs
Phoebe, Feb 28, 2006 @ 23:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hey, welcome to GOL...I've been here about the same time as you. Good to discover new things in Geneva, eh? You keep saying "craic", but what is it?

Ciao,
Rick
Hey, welcome to GOL...I've been here about the same time as you. Good to discover new things in Geneva, eh? You keep saying "craic", but what is it?

Ciao,
Rick
pntbreakrick, Mar 1, 2006 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
http://www.genevaonline.ch/Forums/Forum.aspx?ID=26&page=10

or

lol .... Craic (pronounced crack) is the unofficial catchphrase in Ireland for having a good time/crack
http://www.genevaonline.ch/Forums/Forum.aspx?ID=26&page=10

or

lol .... Craic (pronounced crack) is the unofficial catchphrase in Ireland for having a good time/crack
Phoebe, Mar 1, 2006 @ 18:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Yes, Phoebe pretty much summed it up! Not bad for a French gal...I bet she spent some time in Ireland at some stage! And as for the "c?ad mile failte" - I'm very impressed!

thanks for the welcomes! I feel like a newcomer to Geneva again!!!

won't be at the party tomorrow night, but will have to come to one of the events very soon!

The 2000 member party sounds like it could be a riot!

Annie

Yes, Phoebe pretty much summed it up! Not bad for a French gal...I bet she spent some time in Ireland at some stage! And as for the "c?ad mile failte" - I'm very impressed!

thanks for the welcomes! I feel like a newcomer to Geneva again!!!

won't be at the party tomorrow night, but will have to come to one of the events very soon!

The 2000 member party sounds like it could be a riot!

Annie

AnnieK, Mar 1, 2006 @ 20:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 993 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form