Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Just arrived - need to run

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Just arrived - need to run
Hi there. Just arrived from the UK, though multinational background. Looking forward to making new friends, not just those who run (though would also like to meet runners who are training for the marathon). Looking forward to social events etc., or just hanging out. Cheers
The text you are quoting:
Hi there. Just arrived from the UK, though multinational background. Looking forward to making new friends, not just those who run (though would also like to meet runners who are training for the marathon). Looking forward to social events etc., or just hanging out. Cheers
lovethiscityJan 19, 2006 @ 12:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1144 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Just arrived - need to run
Post 1
:) Welcome onboard!! Tell us a bit more about you ... when did u arrive, what do you do? what do you like on top of this city and running?
And ... being one of the marathon runners (well at least I am trying) ... looking forward to see u!!

Val
:) Welcome onboard!! Tell us a bit more about you ... when did u arrive, what do you do? what do you like on top of this city and running?
And ... being one of the marathon runners (well at least I am trying) ... looking forward to see u!!

Val
Hoiling, Jan 19, 2006 @ 13:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Thanks for the hints; will definately get onto the running link and will seachout Demi Lune this week!
Thanks for the hints; will definately get onto the running link and will seachout Demi Lune this week!
lovethiscity, Jan 19, 2006 @ 13:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I just arrived this week; here for the completion of my reseach (expatriate mobility) and to be more inspired for all the writing I need to do this year. I've been to Geneva several times but it's always been work work work. Now that I'm here for much longer, I can add some playtime :) That has to include loads of training though, as I've finally bit the bullet and decided to top my 1/2 mara efforts with a full one. Would love to hear more of the running-network; when/where people do the long ones especially. I'm one of the slower group; about a 10min/Km until the training starts to have an effect!!!
I just arrived this week; here for the completion of my reseach (expatriate mobility) and to be more inspired for all the writing I need to do this year. I've been to Geneva several times but it's always been work work work. Now that I'm here for much longer, I can add some playtime :) That has to include loads of training though, as I've finally bit the bullet and decided to top my 1/2 mara efforts with a full one. Would love to hear more of the running-network; when/where people do the long ones especially. I'm one of the slower group; about a 10min/Km until the training starts to have an effect!!!
lovethiscity, Jan 19, 2006 @ 13:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Thanks Sherri. Looking forward to it all; and it'll be so much easier with this fantastic network! Cheers
Thanks Sherri. Looking forward to it all; and it'll be so much easier with this fantastic network! Cheers
lovethiscity, Jan 19, 2006 @ 19:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
welcome to the community mate.

I saw your subject is 'expatriat mobility' - it sounds real interesting, especially as many of the folks on this community are living the 'expatriat mobility' daily...

Would be very interesting to hear some of the stuff you're discovering about this...

And anything we can do to help?

Nir
welcome to the community mate.

I saw your subject is 'expatriat mobility' - it sounds real interesting, especially as many of the folks on this community are living the 'expatriat mobility' daily...

Would be very interesting to hear some of the stuff you're discovering about this...

And anything we can do to help?

Nir
Nir Ofek, Jan 19, 2006 @ 23:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Thanks very much! And thanks too for the great event this evening; what a super thing GOL is! As for my research, would be super to receive any support possible - it's a long hard slog to do a Phd in any subject, but I'm passionate about expatriate life so it's all worth while! Anyone interested in details can email me at [email protected] for further information. Much obliged! Work aside ... looking forward to more fun with GOL members. Cheers!
Thanks very much! And thanks too for the great event this evening; what a super thing GOL is! As for my research, would be super to receive any support possible - it's a long hard slog to do a Phd in any subject, but I'm passionate about expatriate life so it's all worth while! Anyone interested in details can email me at [email protected] for further information. Much obliged! Work aside ... looking forward to more fun with GOL members. Cheers!
lovethiscity, Jan 20, 2006 @ 01:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Hi there. The study is about expatriate attitudes/experiences towards expatriate life, employing organization, work-life balance, and international mobility. It's based on a survey that I mail to the participant; takes an hour to complete as it's a more comprehensive effort than other expat studies done before. Hopefully it's going to allow for some interesting findings that will help expats and organizations. For more info, or to participate, people just need to email me at [email protected] and I'd be happy to discuss it further. The more the merrier!!! Cheers!
Hi there. The study is about expatriate attitudes/experiences towards expatriate life, employing organization, work-life balance, and international mobility. It's based on a survey that I mail to the participant; takes an hour to complete as it's a more comprehensive effort than other expat studies done before. Hopefully it's going to allow for some interesting findings that will help expats and organizations. For more info, or to participate, people just need to email me at [email protected] and I'd be happy to discuss it further. The more the merrier!!! Cheers!
lovethiscity, Jan 21, 2006 @ 13:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Yahoooo - lots of running coming up, sounds good. Thanks for the helpful info! Will email you directly for more coordinating.... cheers!
Yahoooo - lots of running coming up, sounds good. Thanks for the helpful info! Will email you directly for more coordinating.... cheers!
lovethiscity, Jan 21, 2006 @ 13:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1144 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form