Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Just arrived! House and dog advice please :)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Just arrived! House and dog advice please :)

Hi everyone! My husband and I have just arrived in Geneva from London with our chihuahua and are looking for any and all advice. 

I am originally South African and Gert is Belgian so hit us up if you`re looking for a dose of one of those local flavours. 

Our dog, Katinka, is super small but lionhearted and looking for some friends. Does any one have any suggestions for meeting dogs or shall I just head to the park when open?

We`re also looking for a house (probably around Thonex or Chene Bourg) so any hints and tips on how to actually GET the house we want, would be much appreciated. He is based at HUG and I`m near Nations so not easy to find something halfway. 

We`ve bought some groceries in France and been for a dip in the lake, but that`s all so far. Look forward to getting involved in the groups and activities. Got a long list of insurance and other admin to get through first! 

Cheers

Claire 

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone! My husband and I have just arrived in Geneva from London with our chihuahua and are looking for any and all advice. 

I am originally South African and Gert is Belgian so hit us up if you`re looking for a dose of one of those local flavours. 

Our dog, Katinka, is super small but lionhearted and looking for some friends. Does any one have any suggestions for meeting dogs or shall I just head to the park when open?

We`re also looking for a house (probably around Thonex or Chene Bourg) so any hints and tips on how to actually GET the house we want, would be much appreciated. He is based at HUG and I`m near Nations so not easy to find something halfway. 

We`ve bought some groceries in France and been for a dip in the lake, but that`s all so far. Look forward to getting involved in the groups and activities. Got a long list of insurance and other admin to get through first! 

Cheers

Claire 

Claire BaronSep 1, 2020 @ 13:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 939 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Just arrived! House and dog advice please :)
Post 1

Cheers

Claire 

Sep 1, 20 13:49

Hello, Claire, and welcome to glocals and Geneva.

As you will have seen, glocals has a wide range of activity groups and  expat members so you are sure to find like-minded folk if you clicik on the appropriate tabs.

You will also find the Classifieds useful for offers of accommodation as well as the facility to post an ad. of your own.

Geneva may not be the easiest city to settle in but once you do I’m sure you’ll be very happy here.

All the best,

Ritchie

Hello, Claire, and welcome to glocals and Geneva.

As you will have seen, glocals has a wide range of activity groups and  expat members so you are sure to find like-minded folk if you clicik on the appropriate tabs.

You will also find the Classifieds useful for offers of accommodation as well as the facility to post an ad. of your own.

Geneva may not be the easiest city to settle in but once you do I’m sure you’ll be very happy here.

All the best,

Ritchie

Ritchie, Sep 1, 2020 @ 14:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Claire,

We are moving out of our apartment in Nyon. You could check this out. Very close to Geneva. I work in Geneva. 

https://www.homegate.ch/rent/3000595398

If you are interested in visiting let me know. You can walk to the lake, forest and city centre. There is a garden and a gym. I too have a dog.

Cheers,

Rashmi

Hi Claire,

We are moving out of our apartment in Nyon. You could check this out. Very close to Geneva. I work in Geneva. 

https://www.homegate.ch/rent/3000595398

If you are interested in visiting let me know. You can walk to the lake, forest and city centre. There is a garden and a gym. I too have a dog.

Cheers,

Rashmi

rashmi banga, Sep 2, 2020 @ 16:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Dear Claire,

I have a high standing Villa in Prevessin-Moëns  (France) 15 mn from United Nations square. Here are some information on it:

VILLA FOR RENT (France, Prévessin-Moëns, 15 min from Palais des Nations)
Beautiful high standing closed villa, located in a green allotment of villas, quiet and very sunny with a green garden of 1,500 sqm. Composed of 8 rooms, a pleasant heated veranda where one can live winter and summer, a large room with toilet, shower and a laundry, usable as an independent studio. It has a large heated swimming pool and Shelter for 1 car.
Rent: 4250 EU monthly + 170 EU of charges.
Sale: 885,000 EU,  

Zouhair tel : +33 67 613 45 80

Dear Claire,

I have a high standing Villa in Prevessin-Moëns  (France) 15 mn from United Nations square. Here are some information on it:

Beautiful high standing closed villa, located in a green allotment of villas, quiet and very sunny with a green garden of 1,500 sqm. Composed of 8 rooms, a pleasant heated veranda where one can live winter and summer, a large room with toilet, shower and a laundry, usable as an independent studio. It has a large heated swimming pool and Shelter for 1 car.

Abdoullah Zouhair, Sep 9, 2020 @ 11:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Dear Claire,

Sep 9, 20 11:35

May I respectfully suggest that you post your offer in the Classifieds where it will undoubtedly attract a more positive and focused response.  There’s where you will also find advertisements by members who are looking for accommodation.

Meantime, best wishes,

Ritchie

May I respectfully suggest that you post your offer in the Classifieds where it will undoubtedly attract a more positive and focused response.  There’s where you will also find advertisements by members who are looking for accommodation.

Meantime, best wishes,

Ritchie

Ritchie, Sep 9, 2020 @ 14:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 939 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form