Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Knitters Circle Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Knitters Circle Geneva

Hi everyone, my name is Shirley and I'm new in Geneva, I'm really passionate about knitting and crochet and wanted to find out if there was anyone interested in meeting for a knitters circle.

We can chat about projects and life while having a coffee. Let me know if you're interested in meeting in the Cornavin area.

Have a great day!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone, my name is Shirley and I'm new in Geneva, I'm really passionate about knitting and crochet and wanted to find out if there was anyone interested in meeting for a knitters circle.

We can chat about projects and life while having a coffee. Let me know if you're interested in meeting in the Cornavin area.

Have a great day!

Shirley MuswemaDec 22, 2021 @ 06:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

14 Replies | 1407 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Knitters Circle Geneva
Post 1

Hi, I'm Claudia, in Geneva for over three decades.

Just saw your posting.

Liking the idea of a knitting circle in the Cornavin area.

In the meantime, Merry Christmas.

Hi, I'm Claudia, in Geneva for over three decades.

Just saw your posting.

Liking the idea of a knitting circle in the Cornavin area.

In the meantime, Merry Christmas.

ClaudiaC, Dec 23, 2021 @ 22:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello... Happy holidays! Hope you had a good one... I'd love to set up a time to meet people, just to do some knitting in public... let me know if you know anyone who'd like to join...

Hello... Happy holidays! Hope you had a good one... I'd love to set up a time to meet people, just to do some knitting in public... let me know if you know anyone who'd like to join...

Shirley Muswema, Dec 26, 2021 @ 16:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I will join! I have done that in the past in Bonn and it was always lovely. I am a mediocre crocheter but will find a nice and easy project. Let me know when you'd like to meet. Happy new year!

I will join! I have done that in the past in Bonn and it was always lovely. I am a mediocre crocheter but will find a nice and easy project. Let me know when you'd like to meet. Happy new year!

Verena B, Dec 31, 2021 @ 19:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Happy New Year everyone!

This is such a great response.

How about we meet at 10am on Saturday 8th Jan at Carasso Coffee Shop on Rue de la Confédération 7, everyone bring their current work in progress and we can all meet and have a chat!

Beginners are welcome!

Happy New Year everyone!

This is such a great response.

How about we meet at 10am on Saturday 8th Jan at Carasso Coffee Shop on Rue de la Confédération 7, everyone bring their current work in progress and we can all meet and have a chat!

Beginners are welcome!

Shirley Muswema, Jan 3, 2022 @ 08:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Or the Boreal in Eaus Vives? I'm easy either way...

Or the Boreal in Eaus Vives? I'm easy either way...

Shirley Muswema, Jan 3, 2022 @ 21:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Shirly,

Happy new year!

I am a total beginner. I do not know how to knit but ui have bought some knitting stuf and would love to learn Can I join you?

Hi Shirly,

Happy new year!

I am a total beginner. I do not know how to knit but ui have bought some knitting stuf and would love to learn Can I join you?

Safa D, Jan 4, 2022 @ 17:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Jan 1, 70 01:00

Hi Shirly,

Thank you so much. I will definetiley take a look.

Best

Safa

Hi Shirly,

Thank you so much. I will definetiley take a look.

Best

Safa

Safa D, Jan 5, 2022 @ 16:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi everyone, just wanted to find out who was going to show tomorrow and if 10am at Boréal in Eaux Vives was convenient for everyone.

Hi everyone, just wanted to find out who was going to show tomorrow and if 10am at Boréal in Eaux Vives was convenient for everyone.

Shirley Muswema, Jan 7, 2022 @ 19:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Dear Shirley, I have to say I don't feel like doing this anymore. Mixing a nice knitting-and-chatting-time with your paid lessons doesn't work for me. I would have really enjoyed it if you could have said, "everyone is welcome and I can show the basics to anyone who is interested".

Now, you have an obligation to deliver when you charge someone. Why should I be sitting next to it quietly? What if that person asks me something? Will you share your income with me? What if I want to ask you something about your knitting project? Do you charge me, too? Or the other way round, can I charge you as well? 

However, if it doesn't work for me, it can still work for the rest of you. I wish you a lot of fun if and when the meeting is happening. 

Dear Shirley, I have to say I don't feel like doing this anymore. Mixing a nice knitting-and-chatting-time with your paid lessons doesn't work for me. I would have really enjoyed it if you could have said, "everyone is welcome and I can show the basics to anyone who is interested".

Now, you have an obligation to deliver when you charge someone. Why should I be sitting next to it quietly? What if that person asks me something? Will you share your income with me? What if I want to ask you something about your knitting project? Do you charge me, too? Or the other way round, can I charge you as well? 

However, if it doesn't work for me, it can still work for the rest of you. I wish you a lot of fun if and when the meeting is happening. 

Verena B, Jan 11, 2022 @ 08:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I concur with Varena. I think your way of announcing this activity is misleading. When you say "begginers are welcome", then when I ask you, your referr to your paid knitting classes. If those gatherings are a way for you to fish for future "students", I think it would be more appropriate to classify those "actvites" under the commercial announcements in the forum only.

I concur with Varena. I think your way of announcing this activity is misleading. When you say "begginers are welcome", then when I ask you, your referr to your paid knitting classes. If those gatherings are a way for you to fish for future "students", I think it would be more appropriate to classify those "actvites" under the commercial announcements in the forum only.

Safa D, Jan 11, 2022 @ 11:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, the post has been deleted... If anyone is still interested in meeting for a simple knit-in-public, please let me know. The classes are seperate and will meet on different days when arranged.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, the post has been deleted... If anyone is still interested in meeting for a simple knit-in-public, please let me know. The classes are seperate and will meet on different days when arranged.

Shirley Muswema, Jan 11, 2022 @ 19:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi all, I've realised that I wasn't clear with my previous posts so here goes:

I want to start a Knitters Circle in the Nations area, I wanted to include as far as Eaux-Vives so that it was available to more people. I was going to include beginners so that they could sample knitting or crochet and see if it was what they wanted to continue with, but as concerns were raised, they are now no longer welcome.

So as it stands, it will be a two hour meeting at a coffee shop with your knitting (or crochet) where we can talk about yarn, patterns and crafting. come when you can, leave when you need to, lets see if we can start a community of crafters who can relax without worrying about kids, husbands/ wives or judgement. (men are welcome as well)

Hi all, I've realised that I wasn't clear with my previous posts so here goes:

I want to start a Knitters Circle in the Nations area, I wanted to include as far as Eaux-Vives so that it was available to more people. I was going to include beginners so that they could sample knitting or crochet and see if it was what they wanted to continue with, but as concerns were raised, they are now no longer welcome.

So as it stands, it will be a two hour meeting at a coffee shop with your knitting (or crochet) where we can talk about yarn, patterns and crafting. come when you can, leave when you need to, lets see if we can start a community of crafters who can relax without worrying about kids, husbands/ wives or judgement. (men are welcome as well)

Shirley Muswema, Jan 21, 2022 @ 08:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi, I'm interested in the Knitters' Circle in the Nations area! I can knit, no need for classes thank you. Is this happening? If yes, where and when?

Hi, I'm interested in the Knitters' Circle in the Nations area! I can knit, no need for classes thank you. Is this happening? If yes, where and when?

nina m, Jan 24, 2022 @ 16:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hi Nina,

Thanks for responding, are you available during the week or is Saturday morning best for you? We can meet in QAFÉ GUIDOLINE in Paquis in the morning at 9am...

Hi Nina,

Thanks for responding, are you available during the week or is Saturday morning best for you? We can meet in QAFÉ GUIDOLINE in Paquis in the morning at 9am...

Shirley Muswema, Jan 29, 2022 @ 16:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
14 Replies | 1407 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form