Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Le Condor
Hi everyone!

I'm in Geneva for about 3 months. I came here for study and up to now haven't had much chance to go out. One of the reasons, I still don't know where. I discovered some places, like fantastic swimming pools and Cirque du Soleil, when they were here (and of course Paquis zone). But as of yesterday found out that there are actions like roller blading nights etc. which is really cool, respect!.

I'm not sure what is the GoL official language, suppose it’s EN. However if there are folks that share the same passion to learn french quickly as I do, I be delighted to get some clues and hints how to do it :-)

Of course life is about meeting people and having fun, so if I can join the team, I'll be very glad to know the community, bars, clubs, nice beaches by the lake, finest spots in the nearby mountains for freerides, etc.

Thanks everybody,

Le Condor
The text you are quoting:
Hi everyone!

I'm in Geneva for about 3 months. I came here for study and up to now haven't had much chance to go out. One of the reasons, I still don't know where. I discovered some places, like fantastic swimming pools and Cirque du Soleil, when they were here (and of course Paquis zone). But as of yesterday found out that there are actions like roller blading nights etc. which is really cool, respect!.

I'm not sure what is the GoL official language, suppose it’s EN. However if there are folks that share the same passion to learn french quickly as I do, I be delighted to get some clues and hints how to do it :-)

Of course life is about meeting people and having fun, so if I can join the team, I'll be very glad to know the community, bars, clubs, nice beaches by the lake, finest spots in the nearby mountains for freerides, etc.

Thanks everybody,

Le Condor

konaliJun 27, 2006 @ 19:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 901 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Le Condor
Post 1
Where are these fantastic pools? I'd like some options!
As for where to go out, take a look through some posts in the "where / how" forum, as I recall someone asking about places to go out a few weeks ago. (If it's not in that forum, it might be here in the introductions forum...not sure.) There's a lot to do here, but you do have to look for it!
Where are these fantastic pools? I'd like some options!
As for where to go out, take a look through some posts in the "where / how" forum, as I recall someone asking about places to go out a few weeks ago. (If it's not in that forum, it might be here in the introductions forum...not sure.) There's a lot to do here, but you do have to look for it!
tiffany, Jun 27, 2006 @ 19:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hi tiffany,

I found two pools, out of which I prefer the first one. And I can only talk here in superlatives, clean, always two tracks for long distance swimmers and for me walking distance. As a swimming addict that was actually the first place I went to.

http://www.ville-ge.ch/sports/Installations/CS/PiscineVAREMBE.htm#
http://www.ville-ge.ch/sports/Installations/BySports/SelonSports25.htm

Thanks for tips, gonna dig in da whereabouts.

Hi tiffany,

I found two pools, out of which I prefer the first one. And I can only talk here in superlatives, clean, always two tracks for long distance swimmers and for me walking distance. As a swimming addict that was actually the first place I went to.

http://www.ville-ge.ch/sports/Installations/CS/PiscineVAREMBE.htm#
http://www.ville-ge.ch/sports/Installations/BySports/SelonSports25.htm

Thanks for tips, gonna dig in da whereabouts.

konali, Jun 27, 2006 @ 22:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
welcome to the GoL community - am sure you'll like it.

The 'official' language is indeed english, BUT there are many french speakers here, and many non french speakers who would love to meet to try to speak some french...(-;

Bon chance,

Nir
welcome to the GoL community - am sure you'll like it.

The 'official' language is indeed english, BUT there are many french speakers here, and many non french speakers who would love to meet to try to speak some french...(-;

Bon chance,

Nir

Nir Ofek, Jun 29, 2006 @ 20:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 901 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form