Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Looking for Accomodation in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for Accomodation in Geneva

Hello everyone!

Glad to be joining this community :)

I am a university student in The Netherlands who will be starting an internship at the Intercontinental in Geneva. I will be there from the 2nd of September 2019 to the 31st of January 2020, and will need a place to stay.

I do not own a car, and as I will sometimes have shifts during the night, public transport isn’t really an option for me, so the room will need to be near the hotel.

Does anyone have any tips, reccomendations, or know of any availabilities?

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone!

I am a university student in The Netherlands who will be starting an internship at the Intercontinental in Geneva. I will be there from the 2nd of September 2019 to the 31st of January 2020, and will need a place to stay.

I do not own a car, and as I will sometimes have shifts during the night, public transport isn’t really an option for me, so the room will need to be near the hotel.

Elisabeth HensslerJun 11, 2019 @ 12:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 700 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for Accomodation in Geneva
Post 1

Hi Elisabeth,

I am Sandya and living in Geneva since 1982.  I used to have interns (to the international organisations) at my place.  Only thing is not that close to the hotel  but public transport are available in less than 2 minutes from my place.  there's one bus goes directly to the UN from where I live and it^s take 30 minutes. (from the UN its just 5 minutes walking to the hotel).  For the timebeing my daugher is living with me.  She is moving to Lausanne end of August and the room with it's own WC/Shower will be available from 1st of September.  Free wifi, laundry facility available.  Only the Kitchen need to be shared with me.  My husband is only coming to Geneva in October and will be leaving soon back.  He is retired and I am still working.  My elder daughter is a medical doctor (who is with me until August).  The younger one is in Canada with her husband.  We live in our own house. and from September i am looking some one to rent the room.  If you have any questions please do ask me. Kind regards,

Sandya

Hi Elisabeth,

I am Sandya and living in Geneva since 1982.  I used to have interns (to the international organisations) at my place.  Only thing is not that close to the hotel  but public transport are available in less than 2 minutes from my place.  there's one bus goes directly to the UN from where I live and it^s take 30 minutes. (from the UN its just 5 minutes walking to the hotel).  For the timebeing my daugher is living with me.  She is moving to Lausanne end of August and the room with it's own WC/Shower will be available from 1st of September.  Free wifi, laundry facility available.  Only the Kitchen need to be shared with me.  My husband is only coming to Geneva in October and will be leaving soon back.  He is retired and I am still working.  My elder daughter is a medical doctor (who is with me until August).  The younger one is in Canada with her husband.  We live in our own house. and from September i am looking some one to rent the room.  If you have any questions please do ask me. Kind regards,

Sandya

Sandya K, Jun 11, 2019 @ 14:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Looking for Accomodation in Geneva
Post 2

Hello everyone!

Jun 11, 19 12:53

Hello, Elisabeth, and welcome to glocals and soon to Geneva.

For accommodation, you will find plenty of offers under “Housing available” in the Classifieds where you can also place an ad. of your own.

And don’t forget to check the “Members” and “Groups” tabs to find expats with like-minded interests and jobs.

All the best, R.

Hello, Elisabeth, and welcome to glocals and soon to Geneva.

For accommodation, you will find plenty of offers under “Housing available” in the Classifieds where you can also place an ad. of your own.

And don’t forget to check the “Members” and “Groups” tabs to find expats with like-minded interests and jobs.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Jun 11, 2019 @ 17:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 700 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form