Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Looking for a place to stay and a job! :)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for a place to stay and a job! :)

Hi everyone :)

My name is Johannes, I'm a law student from Berlin and will move to Geneva to study from September 2019 to June 2020.

Currently I'm really busy with finding a place to stay and am happy for any kind of recommendations :)
My budget limit is about 700-750 CHF, something in Geneva with good connection to the University would be good.

I am an easy-going, communicative and sociable guy, interested in politics, sports (football, Muay-Thai), music (I learn the guitar, sing and dance a bit of Swing) and going outside (I'm already excited about the landscape!). I used to live in various shared flats with people from all over the world and am really looking forward to continue in this way.

As I work with young people since 4 years, I would love to find a job as a baby sitter/language teacher etc. I'm a native German speaker, English is fluent, Spanish ok, I also speak a bit of Italian and learn French :)
But I also have some experience in gastronomy and construction stuff.

So, all in all I would be really thankful about any kind of recommendations!

Cheers,

Johannes

The text you are quoting:

My name is Johannes, I'm a law student from Berlin and will move to Geneva to study from September 2019 to June 2020.

Currently I'm really busy with finding a place to stay and am happy for any kind of recommendations :)
My budget limit is about 700-750 CHF, something in Geneva with good connection to the University would be good.

I am an easy-going, communicative and sociable guy, interested in politics, sports (football, Muay-Thai), music (I learn the guitar, sing and dance a bit of Swing) and going outside (I'm already excited about the landscape!). I used to live in various shared flats with people from all over the world and am really looking forward to continue in this way.

As I work with young people since 4 years, I would love to find a job as a baby sitter/language teacher etc. I'm a native German speaker, English is fluent, Spanish ok, I also speak a bit of Italian and learn French :)

Cheers,

Johannes

Johannes SchwabJun 13, 2019 @ 15:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 720 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for a place to stay and a job! :)
Post 1

Given the high rental prices in Geneva and  the amount you propose for rent,  one possibility, if you haven't already done this, is to contact the University itself. They have several suggestions to follow up:

https://www.unige.ch/batiment/service-batiments/logements/en/

Given the high rental prices in Geneva and  the amount you propose for rent,  one possibility, if you haven't already done this, is to contact the University itself. They have several suggestions to follow up:

https://www.unige.ch/batiment/service-batiments/logements/en/

TogJay, Jun 13, 2019 @ 15:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Looking for a place to stay and a job! :)
Post 2

Cheers,

Johannes

Jun 13, 19 15:18

Hello, Johannes Schwab and welcome to glocals!

For accommodation and job opportunities, your best bet is to click on the Classifieds tab where you will find plenty of offers.  You can also place ads of your own and they will certainly attract a good response.

So all the best for a successful stay in Geneva,

Ritchie

Hello, Johannes Schwab and welcome to glocals!

For accommodation and job opportunities, your best bet is to click on the Classifieds tab where you will find plenty of offers.  You can also place ads of your own and they will certainly attract a good response.

So all the best for a successful stay in Geneva,

Ritchie

Ritchie, Jun 13, 2019 @ 19:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 720 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form