Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Moving on October 9th

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving on October 9th
Hey guys!

My name is Jill, I am originally from Boston, but I've lived in Luxembourg, just outside Luxembourg city, and in Zurich before. I currently live between Liverpool and Manchester in England, just got my Masters over here, but I am moving to Geneva in just over a week. I'm working part time and hope to learn French.

I'll start off living in Versoix, but I'll keep looking for the perfect place once I am there.

I had such a blast when I livedin Zurich and had great friends...although I know Geneva is quieter, I hope to meet a lot of you fun people!

Can't wait for my move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The text you are quoting:
Hey guys!

My name is Jill, I am originally from Boston, but I've lived in Luxembourg, just outside Luxembourg city, and in Zurich before. I currently live between Liverpool and Manchester in England, just got my Masters over here, but I am moving to Geneva in just over a week. I'm working part time and hope to learn French.

I'll start off living in Versoix, but I'll keep looking for the perfect place once I am there.

I had such a blast when I livedin Zurich and had great friends...although I know Geneva is quieter, I hope to meet a lot of you fun people!

Can't wait for my move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JillybeanoSep 29, 2005 @ 17:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1365 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving on October 9th
Post 1
I think I already have to work over night on Friday...but should be free Satuday! I won't actually know til I get there since the family I work for is in the US from today until the day before I arrive!!

But, I'll let you know.

I already have my mobile phone, so I can give you my number once you get there!

Cool we're arriving at the same time...but you've been before :)

I've only been to the British Embassy in Geneva :) I need a tour that weekend!
I think I already have to work over night on Friday...but should be free Satuday! I won't actually know til I get there since the family I work for is in the US from today until the day before I arrive!!

But, I'll let you know.

I already have my mobile phone, so I can give you my number once you get there!

Cool we're arriving at the same time...but you've been before :)

I've only been to the British Embassy in Geneva :) I need a tour that weekend!
Jillybeano, Sep 29, 2005 @ 18:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Your right it is calmer over here, ive heard there are some wild parties in Zurich.

Nic
Your right it is calmer over here, ive heard there are some wild parties in Zurich.

Nic
ecc801s, Sep 29, 2005 @ 22:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
yeah, i loved it up there....lucky enough to still know a few people.

Zurich is a fab city!
yeah, i loved it up there....lucky enough to still know a few people.

Zurich is a fab city!
Jillybeano, Sep 30, 2005 @ 02:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Good to read your Intro. Ahhhhhh ! Good old Boston. I lived there just for 6 months this year (Jan - July). Would be good to meet up and reminisce. I'm on holiday from Oct 4th - 12th - but drop me a line anytime after. Look forward to seeing you at a future Genevaonline gathering.
Good to read your Intro. Ahhhhhh ! Good old Boston. I lived there just for 6 months this year (Jan - July). Would be good to meet up and reminisce. I'm on holiday from Oct 4th - 12th - but drop me a line anytime after. Look forward to seeing you at a future Genevaonline gathering.
Nottm_Lass, Sep 30, 2005 @ 20:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
What were you doing there for just 6 months? Did you happen to get to any ball games :) RedSox are THE BEST....well, maybe!
What were you doing there for just 6 months? Did you happen to get to any ball games :) RedSox are THE BEST....well, maybe!
Jillybeano, Oct 1, 2005 @ 00:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
You are a Yankees fan? Not sure we can be friends :) Well, I guess we can since that team suffered the greatest falling apart ever last season at the hands of the redsox :)

Should be another interesting playoffs....

hehe

so, we salsa-ing that weekend you mentioned?
You are a Yankees fan? Not sure we can be friends :) Well, I guess we can since that team suffered the greatest falling apart ever last season at the hands of the redsox :)

Should be another interesting playoffs....

hehe

so, we salsa-ing that weekend you mentioned?
Jillybeano, Oct 3, 2005 @ 16:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1365 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form