Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Moving to GENEVA and settling in (need place)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving to GENEVA and settling in (need place)

Dears,

I am moving with my husband and two children to GENEVA on 16th June. We are already learning a lot about how complicated it is to find a place. For the time being, we would appreciate if any of you know of a temp/short term place from 16 June to 30 June until we are able to find the accommodation we need. Ideally, something not far from Nations.

I work with UNHCR and so does my husband though he is currently off for a bit. My two boys are 10 and 4 years old (actually almost). Both of them speak fluent English and French and some Arabic. Thanks, Berween

The text you are quoting:

Dears,

I am moving with my husband and two children to GENEVA on 16th June. We are already learning a lot about how complicated it is to find a place. For the time being, we would appreciate if any of you know of a temp/short term place from 16 June to 30 June until we are able to find the accommodation we need. Ideally, something not far from Nations.

I work with UNHCR and so does my husband though he is currently off for a bit. My two boys are 10 and 4 years old (actually almost). Both of them speak fluent English and French and some Arabic. Thanks, Berween

Berween YMay 24, 2019 @ 11:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 560 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving to GENEVA and settling in (need place)
Post 1

Do you need to live in Geneva ? You will find it a whole lot easier to looking outside.. I live 25km away, the commute is super easy by public transport.

You get a whole lot more for your money going outside of town. 

But hey .. Some people like the city, some like a five minute walk to work. 

Do you need to live in Geneva ? You will find it a whole lot easier to looking outside.. I live 25km away, the commute is super easy by public transport.

You get a whole lot more for your money going outside of town. 

But hey .. Some people like the city, some like a five minute walk to work. 

John H, May 24, 2019 @ 14:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Moving to GENEVA and settling in (need place)
Post 2

Thanks a lot; for the first yesr we prefer to be in Geneva - my elder son will be going to the international school of GENEVA - LGB campus and the small one to a Swiss school so ideally I want them to be close. Also, I am possibly having long work days and the last thing I need would be to wait for transport and have another 30 min drive to get home. It is possible we will think differently after we live in geneva for one year :) 

Thanks a lot; for the first yesr we prefer to be in Geneva - my elder son will be going to the international school of GENEVA - LGB campus and the small one to a Swiss school so ideally I want them to be close. Also, I am possibly having long work days and the last thing I need would be to wait for transport and have another 30 min drive to get home. It is possible we will think differently after we live in geneva for one year :) 

Berween Y, May 24, 2019 @ 14:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 560 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form