Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Moving to Geneva for an internship with WHO from February!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving to Geneva for an internship with WHO from February!

Hi, 

I am a British Student who has received an internship with the World Health Organisation from February onwards and dont know anyone in Switzerland or Geneva. 

I am an outgoing, social and pretty relaxed guy just looking meet some new people and get to know the area! 

I am also looking for a place to stay from around the 1st February, a single room or sonothing around Central Geneva and am having Mo luck finding a place. if anyone knows of someone renting a room in Geneva, it would be great if they could message me or if you could you put me in contact with them. 

I am really struggling with finding accommodation so if anyone knows anythin, please let me know. 

Thank you and I look forward to coming to Switzerland :) 

The text you are quoting:

Hi, 

I am a British Student who has received an internship with the World Health Organisation from February onwards and dont know anyone in Switzerland or Geneva. 

I am an outgoing, social and pretty relaxed guy just looking meet some new people and get to know the area! 

I am also looking for a place to stay from around the 1st February, a single room or sonothing around Central Geneva and am having Mo luck finding a place. if anyone knows of someone renting a room in Geneva, it would be great if they could message me or if you could you put me in contact with them. 

I am really struggling with finding accommodation so if anyone knows anythin, please let me know. 

Thank you and I look forward to coming to Switzerland :) 

Azhar RahmanJan 25, 2019 @ 08:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 983 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving to Geneva for an internship with WHO from February!
Post 1

Welcome to glocals and to Geneva !

For accommodation, I suggest that you click the Classifieds tab to find offers and also insert  an ad. of your own.

To make friends and join activities, click on “Groups” and “Members” and also check “Things to do” for upcoming events.

All the best, R.

Welcome to glocals and to Geneva !

For accommodation, I suggest that you click the Classifieds tab to find offers and also insert  an ad. of your own.

To make friends and join activities, click on “Groups” and “Members” and also check “Things to do” for upcoming events.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Jan 25, 2019 @ 08:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Dear Aszhar,

When you were accepted for an internship, you should have received information about this webpage:

http://whointernboard.wixsite.com/whointerns/pre-arrival

There, under "housing," you will find a spreadsheet you can download and this list of housing options in the Geneva area.

It also contains links for a number of useful webpages:

The WHO Intern Facebook Group

The Geneva Interns Association (GIA) Facebook Page

​The UN Housing Intern Facebook Group

The IHEID Homeless in Geneva Facebook Group

The Geneva Potential Room Mates Facebook Page

If someone failed to send you information about this website(s), use this email address to get help: [email protected]

The advantage of using all those resources is that the housing information there is catered for WHO interns, that is, the location and cost of housing advertised there caters to the location of the WHO and UN and the expected financial capabilities of interns.

If all that fails, look under "Classifieds" in Glocals.

Good luck.

Dear Aszhar,

When you were accepted for an internship, you should have received information about this webpage:

http://whointernboard.wixsite.com/whointerns/pre-arrival

There, under "housing," you will find a spreadsheet you can download and this list of housing options in the Geneva area.

It also contains links for a number of useful webpages:

The WHO Intern Facebook Group

The Geneva Interns Association (GIA) Facebook Page

​The UN Housing Intern Facebook Group

The IHEID Homeless in Geneva Facebook Group

The Geneva Potential Room Mates Facebook Page

If someone failed to send you information about this website(s), use this email address to get help: [email protected]

The advantage of using all those resources is that the housing information there is catered for WHO interns, that is, the location and cost of housing advertised there caters to the location of the WHO and UN and the expected financial capabilities of interns.

If all that fails, look under "Classifieds" in Glocals.

Good luck.

JR M, Jan 25, 2019 @ 09:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You may consider looking for housing in Ferney Voltaire, Ornex or other French towns on the "F" or 66 bus routes. You will to the WHO as fast as from most part of Geneva, and the prices will be lower. So, if you place an ad in the Classifieds, as per Ritchie's good suggestion, you may indicate you are willing to live in France.

Likewise, when looking for places, you may want to expand your search to France. If you really have difficulties, check the immobiliers, who handle rentals as well as sales. Just do a google search for "locations pays de gex" or "rentals pays de gex" and you will get lots of sites of immobiliers.

You may consider looking for housing in Ferney Voltaire, Ornex or other French towns on the "F" or 66 bus routes. You will to the WHO as fast as from most part of Geneva, and the prices will be lower. So, if you place an ad in the Classifieds, as per Ritchie's good suggestion, you may indicate you are willing to live in France.

Likewise, when looking for places, you may want to expand your search to France. If you really have difficulties, check the immobiliers, who handle rentals as well as sales. Just do a google search for "locations pays de gex" or "rentals pays de gex" and you will get lots of sites of immobiliers.

JR M, Jan 25, 2019 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 983 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form