Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New Danes on the spot -

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New Danes on the spot -
Hello Everyone - first of all - this is a really cool sites - so appreciations to the creators :o)

Martin - age 29 -(my better half) and I - Sissi, age 28 - moved to Geneva just 3 months ago and must say we really like it here. We're from Copenhagen, Denmark, and the reason for the move was a job offer. I am now working in a big Grain House here in Geneva in their shipping department. Martin is a carpenter but has no employment yet but we hope he'll find a job soon. The language French is new to both of us and we try to make this a priorty: to learn how to speak French!!!

Anyway - we would appreciate any tips or advise about the city. As a newcomers there's so many things to learn and get-to-know. So any help is appreciated. Would love to make new friends sometime :o)
The text you are quoting:
Hello Everyone - first of all - this is a really cool sites - so appreciations to the creators :o)

Martin - age 29 -(my better half) and I - Sissi, age 28 - moved to Geneva just 3 months ago and must say we really like it here. We're from Copenhagen, Denmark, and the reason for the move was a job offer. I am now working in a big Grain House here in Geneva in their shipping department. Martin is a carpenter but has no employment yet but we hope he'll find a job soon. The language French is new to both of us and we try to make this a priorty: to learn how to speak French!!!

Anyway - we would appreciate any tips or advise about the city. As a newcomers there's so many things to learn and get-to-know. So any help is appreciated. Would love to make new friends sometime :o)
SisQuaMar 2, 2006 @ 23:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1185 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New Danes on the spot -
Post 1
Welcome from Denmark to Geneva. My best friend - Claus - is a Dane who just moved out of Geneva, so I gues with you guys coming in the number of Geneva Danes is about right again...(-;

You've come to the right community to learn about town and meet new people. A good start is to go to Sherri's New Members Drinks (she does them every week or 2), and to the coming '2000 Members' party. Another good idea is just to be active on the forums and to go to any activities you like...

What kind of things does Martin do? Is he able to build nice tables/closets? If yes, I already have a few orders for him, and maybe some other members will as well...

welcome to Geneva and to GoL, Sisi and Martin!

Nir
Welcome from Denmark to Geneva. My best friend - Claus - is a Dane who just moved out of Geneva, so I gues with you guys coming in the number of Geneva Danes is about right again...(-;

You've come to the right community to learn about town and meet new people. A good start is to go to Sherri's New Members Drinks (she does them every week or 2), and to the coming '2000 Members' party. Another good idea is just to be active on the forums and to go to any activities you like...

What kind of things does Martin do? Is he able to build nice tables/closets? If yes, I already have a few orders for him, and maybe some other members will as well...

welcome to Geneva and to GoL, Sisi and Martin!

Nir
Nir Ofek, Mar 3, 2006 @ 14:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: New Danes on the spot -
Post 2
Hello to everybody. There are some here who's asking about carpentry. From the treads I have read, it's actually a cabinetmaker you're looking for. I could do so, but i don't have any space for making funiture and I need the machines for makeing it for a fair price. Everything takes longer in hand. But if you need some help just write me an email and we'll see. I work in all sort of wood. A Danish carpenters learns to do eveything there's made of wood in and on a house.

Hope to hear from you
martin
Hello to everybody. There are some here who's asking about carpentry. From the treads I have read, it's actually a cabinetmaker you're looking for. I could do so, but i don't have any space for making funiture and I need the machines for makeing it for a fair price. Everything takes longer in hand. But if you need some help just write me an email and we'll see. I work in all sort of wood. A Danish carpenters learns to do eveything there's made of wood in and on a house.

Hope to hear from you
martin

MartinX, Mar 3, 2006 @ 22:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1185 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form