Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New Joiner of the Riviera Area

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New Joiner of the Riviera Area

Hello,

After having lived between Geneva and Lausanne since 1979 I only just discovered this community yesterday. Surprise. But first I need to excuse myself for not posting a photo. Following the NYTs article on Clearview AI and its facial recognition tool I am quite happy to have cleaned out all my different profiles some years ago and will not start changing this policy any time soon. 

With my wife we love the lake area and will leave our appartment in Preverenges with regreat. We chose this place since it allowed me to go to work at the EPFL by bike. But now - being retired - we are moving on another time. Hence my sudden interest in this comunity. Yes, we are downsizing a bit but staying in the area at Bussigny hoping to find a buyer for our old appartment to pay for the new one ... 

Being originarily from Germany with my wife from France having a daughter born in CH, we took it's nationality some years ago. So we are now looking forward to hearing from you. What do you think about Clearview AI, for example!

Best regards

Andreas

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

After having lived between Geneva and Lausanne since 1979 I only just discovered this community yesterday. Surprise. But first I need to excuse myself for not posting a photo. Following the NYTs article on Clearview AI and its facial recognition tool I am quite happy to have cleaned out all my different profiles some years ago and will not start changing this policy any time soon. 

With my wife we love the lake area and will leave our appartment in Preverenges with regreat. We chose this place since it allowed me to go to work at the EPFL by bike. But now - being retired - we are moving on another time. Hence my sudden interest in this comunity. Yes, we are downsizing a bit but staying in the area at Bussigny hoping to find a buyer for our old appartment to pay for the new one ... 

Being originarily from Germany with my wife from France having a daughter born in CH, we took it's nationality some years ago. So we are now looking forward to hearing from you. What do you think about Clearview AI, for example!

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas RFeb 24, 2020 @ 11:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 729 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 729 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form