Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New but not so new :D

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New but not so new :D
Hello hello,
Here is my first ever post on GOL. I kept hearing about this mysterious online community Geneva online and I finally made it in! :D Having already gone to Barrio Latino this Wednesday, I got a small taste of what it’s like (I was also at the sindy Halloween party at Palladium but in that case I went with friends and didn’t really get to meet new ppl in that huge crowd..) and I’ve heard of the various cool parties and esp those salsa lessons (though I'm taking lessons already having been bitten by the latin bug while in the US :P)!
I’ve lived here for a while…well let me rephrase that – my parents have lived here for a while – I did my last two years of high school at the intl school and then went to college in boston and I just got back last March – but I kept coming back for hols and stuff so it’s been on an off 7yrs :D wow that’s a lot considering that it’s the place I’ve lived the most in. I am originally from Turkey but been moving around since I was young (Turkey, Chile, Nigeria, Japan, Italy, Switz, US, Switz :P) So I looove meeting new ppl and trying new stuff :D I just finished my 6month marketing internship at Medtronic and am back on the job hunt ugh :P So while I spend my days in front of a computer searching, I have finally begun to spend my nights going out :D (I tend to be someone that needs sleeeep to be functional the next day so if I’m working, and my internship was in Morges so long drive every morning, I needed to get to bed at a decent time lol) So I’m very glad to be finally here and looking forward to the various activities though unfortunately once ski season starts I tend to be up in the mountains but hey going in a group is always a lot more fun! :P Gotta get back to the job search now so ttyl :D
The text you are quoting:
Hello hello,
Here is my first ever post on GOL. I kept hearing about this mysterious online community Geneva online and I finally made it in! :D Having already gone to Barrio Latino this Wednesday, I got a small taste of what it’s like (I was also at the sindy Halloween party at Palladium but in that case I went with friends and didn’t really get to meet new ppl in that huge crowd..) and I’ve heard of the various cool parties and esp those salsa lessons (though I'm taking lessons already having been bitten by the latin bug while in the US :P)!
I’ve lived here for a while…well let me rephrase that – my parents have lived here for a while – I did my last two years of high school at the intl school and then went to college in boston and I just got back last March – but I kept coming back for hols and stuff so it’s been on an off 7yrs :D wow that’s a lot considering that it’s the place I’ve lived the most in. I am originally from Turkey but been moving around since I was young (Turkey, Chile, Nigeria, Japan, Italy, Switz, US, Switz :P) So I looove meeting new ppl and trying new stuff :D I just finished my 6month marketing internship at Medtronic and am back on the job hunt ugh :P So while I spend my days in front of a computer searching, I have finally begun to spend my nights going out :D (I tend to be someone that needs sleeeep to be functional the next day so if I’m working, and my internship was in Morges so long drive every morning, I needed to get to bed at a decent time lol) So I’m very glad to be finally here and looking forward to the various activities though unfortunately once ski season starts I tend to be up in the mountains but hey going in a group is always a lot more fun! :P Gotta get back to the job search now so ttyl :D

funkynonameNov 25, 2005 @ 17:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1193 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New but not so new :D
Post 1
Hey Funky No-Name.

What kind of job are you looking for? Maybe someone on the site knows of an opening.

See you on the slopes.

Oded
Hey Funky No-Name.

What kind of job are you looking for? Maybe someone on the site knows of an opening.

See you on the slopes.

Oded
SiteAdmin Oded, Nov 25, 2005 @ 22:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
very nice intro, and welcome to the community!

i am also curious, like sherri, to know what kind of job you are looking for. maybe we can help. let us know...

by the way - what were you wearing at the halloween party?

nir
very nice intro, and welcome to the community!

i am also curious, like sherri, to know what kind of job you are looking for. maybe we can help. let us know...

by the way - what were you wearing at the halloween party?

nir
Nir Ofek, Nov 26, 2005 @ 16:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hey :)
It's amazing how friendly everyone is here - and how willing to help :) In regards to the job hunt, if I knew exactly what I wanted I have to say my search would be 100 times easier lol but having studied economics and politics (with minors in intl business & intl studies) I have a huge range of things I could do in theory...I am more interested in the marketing side of things when it comes to the economics - and when it comes to the politics I have kind of given up on that ‘cause it looks like to get anything in an intl org I need a master's...so I may get started on that at the university here though I kinda need to start making money too...so yes – looking into marketing, event coordinating, and intl orgs in general – very wide range and of course banks since inevitably there are quite a few openings in Geneva for that… :)
As for the Halloween costume I kind of made something up at the last minute with horns that lit up (like every other person there lol as I can see from the pics) a spider web cape, all black clothes and some funky (I never used to use this word until katya told me to get a funky name…and then I couldn’t so I stuck with funkynoname :P) makeup.
I can’t wait to meet you guys at an event soon :D!
Hey :)
It's amazing how friendly everyone is here - and how willing to help :) In regards to the job hunt, if I knew exactly what I wanted I have to say my search would be 100 times easier lol but having studied economics and politics (with minors in intl business & intl studies) I have a huge range of things I could do in theory...I am more interested in the marketing side of things when it comes to the economics - and when it comes to the politics I have kind of given up on that ‘cause it looks like to get anything in an intl org I need a master's...so I may get started on that at the university here though I kinda need to start making money too...so yes – looking into marketing, event coordinating, and intl orgs in general – very wide range and of course banks since inevitably there are quite a few openings in Geneva for that… :)
As for the Halloween costume I kind of made something up at the last minute with horns that lit up (like every other person there lol as I can see from the pics) a spider web cape, all black clothes and some funky (I never used to use this word until katya told me to get a funky name…and then I couldn’t so I stuck with funkynoname :P) makeup.
I can’t wait to meet you guys at an event soon :D!

funkynoname, Nov 26, 2005 @ 19:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1193 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form