Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New to Geneva

Hello everyone!

My name is Michael and I am an attorney in the US. I am planning on moving to Geneva at the end of August to begin working with WIPO on Sept. 3rd. I am looking for a place to live that will be relatively close to where I work, though I am a very active person and am willing to bike/walk/take public transportation to wherever I need to go. I understand that to have a bicycle, you must pay a certain fee (recurring fee?). Same with public transportation. So, clearly any and all advice is welcome. 

I do not speak French, so I would be interested in learning how people get by using English or German (I am a German citizen, also). That being said, I am also married and we have 3 pets - one dog and two cats. I am planning on going through the necessary processes to bring my pets and my wife over. From my understanding, EU family reunification VISAs are available for EU citizens with non-EU spouses. If anyone has any experience dealing with these types of things, any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone!

My name is Michael and I am an attorney in the US. I am planning on moving to Geneva at the end of August to begin working with WIPO on Sept. 3rd. I am looking for a place to live that will be relatively close to where I work, though I am a very active person and am willing to bike/walk/take public transportation to wherever I need to go. I understand that to have a bicycle, you must pay a certain fee (recurring fee?). Same with public transportation. So, clearly any and all advice is welcome. 

I do not speak French, so I would be interested in learning how people get by using English or German (I am a German citizen, also). That being said, I am also married and we have 3 pets - one dog and two cats. I am planning on going through the necessary processes to bring my pets and my wife over. From my understanding, EU family reunification VISAs are available for EU citizens with non-EU spouses. If anyone has any experience dealing with these types of things, any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Michael EJul 20, 2018 @ 19:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 847 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: New to Geneva
Post 1

Welcome to glocals and soon to Geneva.

For accommodation, I suggest that you check the housing offers in the Classifieds where you can also place an ad. of your own.  It will also help if you mention the duration of your stay in Geneva and your budget for rent.

For bike information, check the “Groups” tab to find members who are very familiar with the local scene and its amenities and you’ll soon make friends with like-minded enthusiasts.

Best wishes, R.

The text you are quoting:

Welcome to glocals and soon to Geneva.

For accommodation, I suggest that you check the housing offers in the Classifieds where you can also place an ad. of your own.  It will also help if you mention the duration of your stay in Geneva and your budget for rent.

For bike information, check the “Groups” tab to find members who are very familiar with the local scene and its amenities and you’ll soon make friends with like-minded enthusiasts.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Jul 20, 2018 @ 20:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 847 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form