Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New to Glocals from the UK

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New to Glocals from the UK

Hi everyone!

I’m new to Glocals, though I’ve lived in Switzerland since the summer of 2007. I moved here from the UK after meeting my Swiss wife on the Way of St James (Camino de Santiago) in 2001.

For going on 15 years now, working as a painter and decorator in the Swiss-French region of Geneva and Vaud, my French is much better than when I first arrived. It’s also dramatically improved with the help of my children who were born here. Though I still make grammatical errors.

Generally, we like being outdoors, taking holidays, visiting museums, and other attractions, eating out, swimming in the lakes in the summer, and the occasional bike ride!

It’s always great to meet new people, help out when need be, and learn new things! 

Hope to hear from you soon!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone!

I’m new to Glocals, though I’ve lived in Switzerland since the summer of 2007. I moved here from the UK after meeting my Swiss wife on the Way of St James (Camino de Santiago) in 2001.

For going on 15 years now, working as a painter and decorator in the Swiss-French region of Geneva and Vaud, my French is much better than when I first arrived. It’s also dramatically improved with the help of my children who were born here. Though I still make grammatical errors.

Generally, we like being outdoors, taking holidays, visiting museums, and other attractions, eating out, swimming in the lakes in the summer, and the occasional bike ride!

It’s always great to meet new people, help out when need be, and learn new things! 

Hope to hear from you soon!

Jason YMar 29, 2023 @ 19:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 349 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 349 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form