Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New to the site, new to Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New to the site, new to Geneva
Hi everyone. I got the official "time to post an intro on the forum" email, so here I am.

I just moved to Geneva about 2 weeks ago and am loving it (especially the Plainpalais flea market -- I highly recommend it if you haven't gone yet). I made the move from Los Angeles to be with my boyfriend. I love yoga (I know, I know...LA stereotype) and am taking any and all recommendations for yoga studios, particularly in the Paquis -- thanks! So far, my days have been filled with French classes, hanging out in cafes, and learning to cook. I'll need to start looking for a Geneva-based job pretty soon, but I'm enjoying the free time right now.

I'm looking forward to making some new friends and exploring the city, not to mention the rest of Switzerland!

-- Tiffany
The text you are quoting:
Hi everyone. I got the official "time to post an intro on the forum" email, so here I am.

I just moved to Geneva about 2 weeks ago and am loving it (especially the Plainpalais flea market -- I highly recommend it if you haven't gone yet). I made the move from Los Angeles to be with my boyfriend. I love yoga (I know, I know...LA stereotype) and am taking any and all recommendations for yoga studios, particularly in the Paquis -- thanks! So far, my days have been filled with French classes, hanging out in cafes, and learning to cook. I'll need to start looking for a Geneva-based job pretty soon, but I'm enjoying the free time right now.

I'm looking forward to making some new friends and exploring the city, not to mention the rest of Switzerland!

-- Tiffany
tiffanyNov 26, 2005 @ 04:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1296 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New to the site, new to Geneva
Post 1
welcoem Tiff.

Hope you will keep loving geneva.

saw you're lookign for Yoga - I can recommend 2 things:

- contact member freely on this community, who is an englisg speaking yoga teacher herself.
- contact 'innercity yoga', who have classes in english. we may soon be doin a special genevaonline class with them, more news coming soon.

OK, welcome to geneva and the community, and hope to see you soon at one of the activities...why dont you and your bf drop by to stef's dinner tonight (saturday)?
welcoem Tiff.

Hope you will keep loving geneva.

saw you're lookign for Yoga - I can recommend 2 things:

- contact member freely on this community, who is an englisg speaking yoga teacher herself.
- contact 'innercity yoga', who have classes in english. we may soon be doin a special genevaonline class with them, more news coming soon.

OK, welcome to geneva and the community, and hope to see you soon at one of the activities...why dont you and your bf drop by to stef's dinner tonight (saturday)?

Nir Ofek, Nov 26, 2005 @ 16:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: New to the site, new to Geneva
Post 2
hello tiff,
how could you possibly leave l.a.? man, i am missing california,
being able to walk around in shorts all year round, the sun, the surf, and the … yoga!
i don't know where you practiced in l.a., but i can guarantee you that you will find decent classes worth of the best studios at innercityoga. i sould know, as i am the owner…
anyway, welcome to geneva, one day, you might enjoy the sparkle of the snow falling to earth.
namaste.
hello tiff,
how could you possibly leave l.a.? man, i am missing california,
being able to walk around in shorts all year round, the sun, the surf, and the … yoga!
i don't know where you practiced in l.a., but i can guarantee you that you will find decent classes worth of the best studios at innercityoga. i sould know, as i am the owner…
anyway, welcome to geneva, one day, you might enjoy the sparkle of the snow falling to earth.
namaste.
poweryogi, Nov 29, 2005 @ 13:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1296 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form