Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Pardon my French...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Pardon my French...

Hey y'all Laughing

I moved to Lausanne a few weeks ago and would like to make the most out of the short time I have here. 

I am finding that I have a lot free time in the evenings/weekends which could be spent doing something fun!

Looking for new friends of all shapes and sizes who will explore with me, have a drink or 3, or maybe introduce me to the exciting things of Switzerland.

In return you may gain a few laughter lines, an increased alcohol tolerance and pick up dodgy British slang.

Je ne comprend Francais, so maybe you could help me with French in exchange for my English? (Sorry…)

Looking forward to meeting with you all!

Lots of love

Mary

The text you are quoting:

Hey y'all Laughing

I moved to Lausanne a few weeks ago and would like to make the most out of the short time I have here. 

I am finding that I have a lot free time in the evenings/weekends which could be spent doing something fun!

Looking for new friends of all shapes and sizes who will explore with me, have a drink or 3, or maybe introduce me to the exciting things of Switzerland.

In return you may gain a few laughter lines, an increased alcohol tolerance and pick up dodgy British slang.

Je ne comprend Francais, so maybe you could help me with French in exchange for my English? (Sorry…)

Looking forward to meeting with you all!

Lots of love

Mary

Mary TranApr 27, 2018 @ 21:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1613 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Pardon my French...
Post 1

Hi Mary,

I moved to Geneva a few weeks ago so not that knowledgeable about all things Swiss yet but also keen to meet people to explore the nice areas around the lake or just for some drinks and a good chat. Haven’t made it to Lausanne yet but would be happy to check it out if you have time for a wander around town or some drinks.

I lived in Glasgow before moving here (from Belgium originally) so we can exchange some English for Scottish dodgy slang :).

Steven

Hi Mary,

I moved to Geneva a few weeks ago so not that knowledgeable about all things Swiss yet but also keen to meet people to explore the nice areas around the lake or just for some drinks and a good chat. Haven’t made it to Lausanne yet but would be happy to check it out if you have time for a wander around town or some drinks.

I lived in Glasgow before moving here (from Belgium originally) so we can exchange some English for Scottish dodgy slang :).

Steven

Steven Vanbockrijck, May 8, 2018 @ 11:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi,

I have a Geneva restaurant group that you are welcome to join. I try and host a dinner every couple of weeks in a different restaurant in Geneva. I limit the table to 8 people so that everyone has the chance to chat together.

http://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/geneva-restaurant-challenge.htm

feel free to check out the group page and register for future dinners

Cheers
Cliff

Hi,

I have a Geneva restaurant group that you are welcome to join. I try and host a dinner every couple of weeks in a different restaurant in Geneva. I limit the table to 8 people so that everyone has the chance to chat together.

http://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/geneva-restaurant-challenge.htm

feel free to check out the group page and register for future dinners

Cheers
Cliff

cliff h, May 8, 2018 @ 11:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Immersion can be achieved by joining all French outings as well :)

http://geneve.onvasortir.com/index.php?Langue=EN

Immersion can be achieved by joining all French outings as well :)

http://geneve.onvasortir.com/index.php?Langue=EN

hay_, May 9, 2018 @ 08:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Mary, I arrived a month ago in Geneva. I am from Brazil. I would be up to.meeting you around for some fun and some drinks. I also want me nice people and explore Switzerland as much as I can. So if you are coming to Geneva, I could try o show the little I discovered so far. And hopefully we can have some drinks when I go to Lausanne

Hi Mary, I arrived a month ago in Geneva. I am from Brazil. I would be up to.meeting you around for some fun and some drinks. I also want me nice people and explore Switzerland as much as I can. So if you are coming to Geneva, I could try o show the little I discovered so far. And hopefully we can have some drinks when I go to Lausanne
Tiana Gonçalves, May 10, 2018 @ 12:41

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Mary,

Steven

May 8, 18 11:38

Hi, Steven. I am also new to Geneva and keen to meet new people and explore around. So maybe we can try to exchange what we discovered so far...and explore some new things together. ☺

Hi, Steven. I am also new to Geneva and keen to meet new people and explore around. So maybe we can try to exchange what we discovered so far...and explore some new things together. ☺

Tiana Gonçalves, May 10, 2018 @ 12:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hello Mary,

i am a german city guide and translator living in Morges with family  so may be i can help you with a free tandem french/english - we can meet in Lausanne or Morges whenever you feel you want to push your french conversation level. As a volunteer i organise for hotel clients and expats free tours between Montreux and Nyon. look at stephsimon.ch and write soon!

Best regards,

Stephanie

Hello Mary,

i am a german city guide and translator living in Morges with family  so may be i can help you with a free tandem french/english - we can meet in Lausanne or Morges whenever you feel you want to push your french conversation level. As a volunteer i organise for hotel clients and expats free tours between Montreux and Nyon. look at stephsimon.ch and write soon!

Best regards,

Stephanie

stephanie simon, Feb 1, 2019 @ 09:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1613 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form