Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Two interns trying to help eachother out with housing

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Two interns trying to help eachother out with housing

Hello locals!

A friend and I have just graduated from the Geneva Academy. I have a job offer at a small NGO, and she is doing an internship at the UNHCR. Due to our salary differences, (the UN famously has an exemption from minimum internship salaries and I would be on standard Geneva minimum wage) we have quite different budgets when looking for housing. I would like to help her out by getting myself a comfortable size studio or 1 bed with living room and allowing her to crash with me, for a small contribution. I myself on minimum wage cannot afford too much on my own either.

I wonder if this is something that is feasible in Geneva, as people renting / subletting seem to be quite picky when it comes to things like this ... Does anyone know of the best way I should approach this? Is a budget of 1300 for what I am looking for unrealistic? and when looking for a place, seeing as most landlords refuse when I let them know of this plan, they refuse, is it better to just not tell them at all?

Grateful for any advice! Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hello locals!

A friend and I have just graduated from the Geneva Academy. I have a job offer at a small NGO, and she is doing an internship at the UNHCR. Due to our salary differences, (the UN famously has an exemption from minimum internship salaries and I would be on standard Geneva minimum wage) we have quite different budgets when looking for housing. I would like to help her out by getting myself a comfortable size studio or 1 bed with living room and allowing her to crash with me, for a small contribution. I myself on minimum wage cannot afford too much on my own either.

I wonder if this is something that is feasible in Geneva, as people renting / subletting seem to be quite picky when it comes to things like this ... Does anyone know of the best way I should approach this? Is a budget of 1300 for what I am looking for unrealistic? and when looking for a place, seeing as most landlords refuse when I let them know of this plan, they refuse, is it better to just not tell them at all?

Grateful for any advice! Thanks!

Leah OlasehindeOct 2, 2022 @ 23:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 873 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Two interns trying to help eachother out with housing
Post 1

Hello Leah,

I'm working towards starting-up an international organization in Geneva. I will be happy to assist with your rent in return for some local assistance such as providing information to us regarding various local rules etc. 

Our budget is also very low and I'm not sure if it will be helpful or not. I hope it helps you. Let me know if you're interested.

The text you are quoting:

Hello Leah,

I'm working towards starting-up an international organization in Geneva. I will be happy to assist with your rent in return for some local assistance such as providing information to us regarding various local rules etc. 

Our budget is also very low and I'm not sure if it will be helpful or not. I hope it helps you. Let me know if you're interested.

Patrick M, Nov 25, 2022 @ 04:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 873 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form