Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Wondered what to write???

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Wondered what to write???
I thought about not writing because I didn’t want to seem boring but after Sheri sent me a nice message… I decided to have a go at it and just write something!
So, since JiJi is my nickname and some people think I’m krezy fun… putting it together makes for one KreziJiJi!
I grew up in Haiti – that little country in the Caribbean right near the Dominican Republic. I miss home terribly but after studying 4 years in the US, I thought it would be the perfect time for a change… and leaving the Americas felt like a big enough step! Some way or another, I ended up in Geneva – where I happened to find a great job and so far, so good! The nightlife is not terrible and being a recent grad, I miss the constant partying and fun of meeting new people! But, from what I can see… GOL is the perfect place to start feeling like college never ended!!! But no worries, I don’t only like to party ;o)… I quite enjoy volunteering and have actually been looking everywhere to find places where I can volunteer at night or on weekends – so ideas are very welcomed.
I also love trying new things and though I suck at team sports, since I love making a fool of myself, the team I’m on will probably loose but it’ll always be a fun lost!!!
Either way, I look forward to meeting everyone and feel free to keep me updated about upcoming events – because I’m always up for anything whether group discussions, dancing events, partying or just watching sex and the city (I’m a TV addict!) Thanks for making the transition this much easier and see you online soon!!!
The text you are quoting:
I thought about not writing because I didn’t want to seem boring but after Sheri sent me a nice message… I decided to have a go at it and just write something!
So, since JiJi is my nickname and some people think I’m krezy fun… putting it together makes for one KreziJiJi!
I grew up in Haiti – that little country in the Caribbean right near the Dominican Republic. I miss home terribly but after studying 4 years in the US, I thought it would be the perfect time for a change… and leaving the Americas felt like a big enough step! Some way or another, I ended up in Geneva – where I happened to find a great job and so far, so good! The nightlife is not terrible and being a recent grad, I miss the constant partying and fun of meeting new people! But, from what I can see… GOL is the perfect place to start feeling like college never ended!!! But no worries, I don’t only like to party ;o)… I quite enjoy volunteering and have actually been looking everywhere to find places where I can volunteer at night or on weekends – so ideas are very welcomed.
I also love trying new things and though I suck at team sports, since I love making a fool of myself, the team I’m on will probably loose but it’ll always be a fun lost!!!
Either way, I look forward to meeting everyone and feel free to keep me updated about upcoming events – because I’m always up for anything whether group discussions, dancing events, partying or just watching sex and the city (I’m a TV addict!) Thanks for making the transition this much easier and see you online soon!!!
KreziJiJiApr 23, 2006 @ 23:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1020 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Wondered what to write???
Post 1
Hey JiJi,

Welcome to GOL! I'm like you, love the team sports thing and also suck, but have recently taken the plunge and joined a softball team.
Hope to see you at an event sometime soon!
Cheers,

Broghan
Hey JiJi,

Welcome to GOL! I'm like you, love the team sports thing and also suck, but have recently taken the plunge and joined a softball team.
Hope to see you at an event sometime soon!
Cheers,

Broghan
Brogsta, Apr 24, 2006 @ 02:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hey JiJi, welcome to the GoL community!

It's great to have you here. It's amazing how many different countries we all come from...(-;

I am sure many members (incl me!) would be thrilled to learn more about your country. Member Aliya just did a 'Kenya night', and shared with 30 members a presentation about Kenya and kenyan food, and it was simply amazing. if you even decide to do something like this and teach us about Haiti, I will be glad to help...(-;

Welcome to GoL, and hope to seer you online and offline,

nir
Hey JiJi, welcome to the GoL community!

It's great to have you here. It's amazing how many different countries we all come from...(-;

I am sure many members (incl me!) would be thrilled to learn more about your country. Member Aliya just did a 'Kenya night', and shared with 30 members a presentation about Kenya and kenyan food, and it was simply amazing. if you even decide to do something like this and teach us about Haiti, I will be glad to help...(-;

Welcome to GoL, and hope to seer you online and offline,

nir

Nir Ofek, Apr 24, 2006 @ 13:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
what to write when I first joined! It's difficult to make that first step in introducing oneself on a site with so many members, but now that you have you will not regret it!! Check in with Rob_M our community volunteer oganizer. He has organized some great volunteer opportunties, and although I have yet to join I hope to soon. I expect to see you out and Krezi :) sometime soon.
Welcome to GOL!
Mindi
what to write when I first joined! It's difficult to make that first step in introducing oneself on a site with so many members, but now that you have you will not regret it!! Check in with Rob_M our community volunteer oganizer. He has organized some great volunteer opportunties, and although I have yet to join I hope to soon. I expect to see you out and Krezi :) sometime soon.
Welcome to GOL!
Mindi
mindiosu, Apr 24, 2006 @ 14:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1020 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form