Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > a big hi from Lausanne

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
a big hi from Lausanne
Hi all

I moved to Lausanne in January arriving from Copenhagen, where I was based for a couple of years, though originally from London Town...but I've been travelling all my life, having lived in exotic places like Ehtiopia, Seychelles and Ivory Coast, all whilst growing up - so I have really grown up with the travel bug! I'm working here in marketing within pharmaceuticals.

Before moving to Switzerland I spent most of my spare time rowing, but I'm now wanting to try new activities - I've survived my first skiing season (just! - the relief is huge), and now looking to learn to sail perhaps, improve my scuba, or even get on my bike a bit more - so if any of you can give any advice or pointers on these activities, this would be great!? Also looking to go hiking&camping - the mountains views are awesome. Other enjoyments include food and wine/beers, cinema, reading and coffee.

I'm looking forward to meeting new people - so hope to see you at some of the events in Geneva, or even in Lausanne?

Tim.
The text you are quoting:
Hi all

I moved to Lausanne in January arriving from Copenhagen, where I was based for a couple of years, though originally from London Town...but I've been travelling all my life, having lived in exotic places like Ehtiopia, Seychelles and Ivory Coast, all whilst growing up - so I have really grown up with the travel bug! I'm working here in marketing within pharmaceuticals.

Before moving to Switzerland I spent most of my spare time rowing, but I'm now wanting to try new activities - I've survived my first skiing season (just! - the relief is huge), and now looking to learn to sail perhaps, improve my scuba, or even get on my bike a bit more - so if any of you can give any advice or pointers on these activities, this would be great!? Also looking to go hiking&camping - the mountains views are awesome. Other enjoyments include food and wine/beers, cinema, reading and coffee.

I'm looking forward to meeting new people - so hope to see you at some of the events in Geneva, or even in Lausanne?

Tim.
Tim AkroydApr 20, 2006 @ 21:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 914 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: a big hi from Lausanne
Post 1
You will have no trouble finding activities to join and friends to be made. Welcome and hopefully we will see you by the water soon!
The text you are quoting:
You will have no trouble finding activities to join and friends to be made. Welcome and hopefully we will see you by the water soon!
mindiosu, Apr 22, 2006 @ 21:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 914 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form