Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > before my New! icon disappears....

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
before my New! icon disappears....
Hi there!

I have been in Geneva for a little over a year, but am new to GoL.

Most recently from Los Angeles, I feel like I have accomplished something by surviving my first year with a real Winter (not to mention my first year without a car since I was thirteen years old)! I am originally from Austin, TX. For those of your who know the place, you know that Austinites don't fit the general stereotype of Texans - we are very laid back, fun loving, crazy for any kind of live music, and are very open to just about anything under the sun.

I am a software project manager and decided to use my powers for good, having survived the big boom (and bust) of the .com economy in Silicon Valley, CA. I now work short term for WHO.

Looking for some good live entertainment -- costumes a plus! Also looking forward to meeting incredible people from all over.

C
The text you are quoting:
Hi there!

I have been in Geneva for a little over a year, but am new to GoL.

Most recently from Los Angeles, I feel like I have accomplished something by surviving my first year with a real Winter (not to mention my first year without a car since I was thirteen years old)! I am originally from Austin, TX. For those of your who know the place, you know that Austinites don't fit the general stereotype of Texans - we are very laid back, fun loving, crazy for any kind of live music, and are very open to just about anything under the sun.

I am a software project manager and decided to use my powers for good, having survived the big boom (and bust) of the .com economy in Silicon Valley, CA. I now work short term for WHO.

Looking for some good live entertainment -- costumes a plus! Also looking forward to meeting incredible people from all over.

C
WassupSpockJun 26, 2006 @ 22:42
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 952 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: before my New! icon disappears....
Post 1
i c u n me r alike....
welcum 2 GOL and hope 2 c u soon (mayb at my nxt karaoke session??)

; )
i c u n me r alike....
welcum 2 GOL and hope 2 c u soon (mayb at my nxt karaoke session??)

; )
Tigger, Jun 26, 2006 @ 22:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
It seems like LA is hemorrhaging people to Geneva these days. I've counted around 5 joining GOL in the last 2 weeks. Not bad. Welcome!
It seems like LA is hemorrhaging people to Geneva these days. I've counted around 5 joining GOL in the last 2 weeks. Not bad. Welcome!
tiffany, Jun 27, 2006 @ 03:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I grew up in LA and from someone who had never seen a winter until he moved to Europe to another....congradulations for surviving it.

Out of curiosity, are you a Star Trek fan? Because if not, I just have to ask how you came up with your handle.

Anyways, have a great time whatever you do.
I grew up in LA and from someone who had never seen a winter until he moved to Europe to another....congradulations for surviving it.

Out of curiosity, are you a Star Trek fan? Because if not, I just have to ask how you came up with your handle.

Anyways, have a great time whatever you do.
SE1972, Jun 27, 2006 @ 13:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
CU at next Lundi-Roller !
CU at next Lundi-Roller !
Hobbes, Jun 27, 2006 @ 14:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
you bet!
you bet!
WassupSpock, Jun 27, 2006 @ 15:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
...was inspired by Star Trek, the successful 'wassup' ad campaign of the early 2000's in the US, and has a hint of old time Bugs Bunny from Looney Tunes in it. Ha ha. Several years ago I was running a big web design team on a large project in Los Angeles -- they forced me to create the name because they refused to chat with me until I 'came up with something cool'. Luckily, they considered my fascination with Leonard Nemoy to be cool. I think this was my 4th attempt! ...and it stuck. :-)
...was inspired by Star Trek, the successful 'wassup' ad campaign of the early 2000's in the US, and has a hint of old time Bugs Bunny from Looney Tunes in it. Ha ha. Several years ago I was running a big web design team on a large project in Los Angeles -- they forced me to create the name because they refused to chat with me until I 'came up with something cool'. Luckily, they considered my fascination with Leonard Nemoy to be cool. I think this was my 4th attempt! ...and it stuck. :-)
WassupSpock, Jun 27, 2006 @ 15:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
definitely count me in for the wild karaoke night!
definitely count me in for the wild karaoke night!
WassupSpock, Jun 27, 2006 @ 15:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
...we can get a little LA flavor around here?
...we can get a little LA flavor around here?
WassupSpock, Jun 27, 2006 @ 15:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
That is a very good back story and I was not hoping for more then yes i like Star Trek.... :D

Anyways, hope to catch you around sometime.
That is a very good back story and I was not hoping for more then yes i like Star Trek.... :D

Anyways, hope to catch you around sometime.
SE1972, Jun 27, 2006 @ 18:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 952 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form