Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > coolchef a.k.a JackieChen

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
coolchef a.k.a JackieChen
Hi people,

It was a great party in Senso (Saturday), met many old/new people in town. Many thanks to Sherri for welcoming me when I sign up. I am not so new to geneva for I have been with Rob's (& a bunch of others) Sindycharity for almost 3 years now. I help out as being the chef, hence the username coolchef...... but many reckon JackieChen is more fitting....wonder why....I do cook better (maybe not?) than I kick (can run better)...lol..?

For the new people.....I am from Launsanne but will be moving to Geneva in the coming month. I am in Finance & starting a new start up offeing Financial Services base in London. For the not so new....it was a pleasure to catch up with you all again. No excuse not to come out more often when I am in Geneva next (soon).

For all people, you can come along to sindycharity to help out & meet some new friends (every 3rd week of the month). Just get in touch (sign up) with Rob at www.sindycharity.com.

Genevaonline is connecting people, so many smiling faces.. every where!!! Well done...Nir & to all in the team.

Cheers, Mike
The text you are quoting:
Hi people,

It was a great party in Senso (Saturday), met many old/new people in town. Many thanks to Sherri for welcoming me when I sign up. I am not so new to geneva for I have been with Rob's (& a bunch of others) Sindycharity for almost 3 years now. I help out as being the chef, hence the username coolchef...... but many reckon JackieChen is more fitting....wonder why....I do cook better (maybe not?) than I kick (can run better)...lol..?

For the new people.....I am from Launsanne but will be moving to Geneva in the coming month. I am in Finance & starting a new start up offeing Financial Services base in London. For the not so new....it was a pleasure to catch up with you all again. No excuse not to come out more often when I am in Geneva next (soon).

For all people, you can come along to sindycharity to help out & meet some new friends (every 3rd week of the month). Just get in touch (sign up) with Rob at www.sindycharity.com.

Genevaonline is connecting people, so many smiling faces.. every where!!! Well done...Nir & to all in the team.

Cheers, Mike
JackieChenJan 30, 2006 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

18 Replies | 1294 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: coolchef a.k.a JackieChen
Post 1
a real chef on the site ... we might want to open a cooking/how to (aka cooking for dummies - like me when it's not italian stuff) forum!

Bye
Val
a real chef on the site ... we might want to open a cooking/how to (aka cooking for dummies - like me when it's not italian stuff) forum!

Bye
Val
Hoiling, Jan 30, 2006 @ 15:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Looking forward to that Chinese banquet you told me about on Sat night, I think I feel a members activity coming on! Was great to meet you on saturday and hope to see you soon!
Looking forward to that Chinese banquet you told me about on Sat night, I think I feel a members activity coming on! Was great to meet you on saturday and hope to see you soon!
Serena, Jan 30, 2006 @ 17:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hurray ... a decent Chinese meal in Geneva. That would be a first! Looking forward to trying out those culinary skills, which I trust will include a vegetarian option?! So, let's hope that the first GOL activity you host is VERY SOON!! :)
Hurray ... a decent Chinese meal in Geneva. That would be a first! Looking forward to trying out those culinary skills, which I trust will include a vegetarian option?! So, let's hope that the first GOL activity you host is VERY SOON!! :)
lentil, Jan 31, 2006 @ 00:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
you're a fake one, i'm a real one, it's all good. =)

i'd definitely be up for chinese food any time! this boy's not been getting enough tofu..
you're a fake one, i'm a real one, it's all good. =)

i'd definitely be up for chinese food any time! this boy's not been getting enough tofu..
snowrice, Jan 31, 2006 @ 03:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Hi sherri,

I am only an executive chef. Most of the time cooking only for fun & friends. I am a finance guy....yeah....I know..so damn boring compare to cooking!!! Well, hope to cook for you one fine day. Cheers, Mike
Hi sherri,

I am only an executive chef. Most of the time cooking only for fun & friends. I am a finance guy....yeah....I know..so damn boring compare to cooking!!! Well, hope to cook for you one fine day. Cheers, Mike
JackieChen, Jan 31, 2006 @ 04:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Hi there,

If you are interested & love food, I'll be glad to cook for fun & friends. Cheers, Mike
Hi there,

If you are interested & love food, I'll be glad to cook for fun & friends. Cheers, Mike
JackieChen, Jan 31, 2006 @ 04:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Hi people,

I love to eat Chinese food only because I am not a very good in Chinese cooking. I am train more in French & in western cuisine. Sorry for the disappointment!! However my favourite is fusion cooking & food. The best of both world. Cheers, Mike
Hi people,

I love to eat Chinese food only because I am not a very good in Chinese cooking. I am train more in French & in western cuisine. Sorry for the disappointment!! However my favourite is fusion cooking & food. The best of both world. Cheers, Mike
JackieChen, Jan 31, 2006 @ 04:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
When are we going??? ;-)
When are we going??? ;-)
Serena, Jan 31, 2006 @ 12:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Yep I love food and coocking especially for friends and people, but only manage italian and chinese ...
Let's talk about it!!!
Val
Yep I love food and coocking especially for friends and people, but only manage italian and chinese ...
Let's talk about it!!!
Val
Hoiling, Jan 31, 2006 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
i'v only gone once since i got here, and craving to go again after my exams (in 2 wks' time)! anyone still reading this thread interested??
i'v only gone once since i got here, and craving to go again after my exams (in 2 wks' time)! anyone still reading this thread interested??
snowrice, Feb 1, 2006 @ 02:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
count me in for DimSum and yep let's go in 2 weeks time before I will become a full time wannabemarathoner with no time for good food :)

Val
count me in for DimSum and yep let's go in 2 weeks time before I will become a full time wannabemarathoner with no time for good food :)

Val
Hoiling, Feb 1, 2006 @ 14:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
Hi People,

If we can have a bunch of people, I can organise a good eat out at one of the Chinese Restaurant in Town this Friday night (3rd Feb).

1st tell me what you don't eat....

Then I can make up tables for i.e. normal, no porc & even just vegetarien food!!

Cheers, Mike
Hi People,

If we can have a bunch of people, I can organise a good eat out at one of the Chinese Restaurant in Town this Friday night (3rd Feb).

1st tell me what you don't eat....

Then I can make up tables for i.e. normal, no porc & even just vegetarien food!!

Cheers, Mike
JackieChen, Feb 1, 2006 @ 18:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
Can we do it on Saturday night?? Have a long standing engagement on friday night... Really am dying for some good Chinese food!! Come on Jackie, sat night - what do you think?
Can we do it on Saturday night?? Have a long standing engagement on friday night... Really am dying for some good Chinese food!! Come on Jackie, sat night - what do you think?
Serena, Feb 1, 2006 @ 20:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
i'm assuming the fake jackie. =) i'd love to go too, but i can't this week.. =(
i'm assuming the fake jackie. =) i'd love to go too, but i can't this week.. =(
snowrice, Feb 1, 2006 @ 23:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
If it is not possible for this friday, I'll post another one with another date in "member activitie". However you people can suggest a possible date. Cheers.
If it is not possible for this friday, I'll post another one with another date in "member activitie". However you people can suggest a possible date. Cheers.
JackieChen, Feb 2, 2006 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16
Sorry honey, Saturday I have a charity dinner to attend. We can do it next when most people are available. OK.??
Sorry honey, Saturday I have a charity dinner to attend. We can do it next when most people are available. OK.??
JackieChen, Feb 2, 2006 @ 14:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17
but check out "member activities" for the next possible one.

Cheers, Mike
but check out "member activities" for the next possible one.

Cheers, Mike
JackieChen, Feb 2, 2006 @ 20:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
18 Replies | 1294 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form