Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > good evening geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
good evening geneva
Ok - intro time. Me - I'm originally from Perth in Australia, and have had long stays in the UK and Vancouver before coming here late last year. It seems quite of few people on this site have lived abroad somewhere else before coming to Geneva. Maybe some people are simply more attracted to the "ex-pat" lifestyle - call it fish out of water syndrome or whatever you like. Thoughts ? And I think Geneva may be one of the best places to live as a "foriegner" - everything is here, everything works and everyone is nice. (so far !) Is this the 'holy grail' of ex-pat cities ? I'd like to find out...

In terms of interests - I used to row a lot, but that doesn't seem to fit my new work / life balance : ( Would love to run some more (trotted around London marathon in 05), get into tennis, softball, discover the area, finally negotiate a mogul field and (my biggest challenge) learn French !

looking forward to meeting you...

Chad.
The text you are quoting:
Ok - intro time. Me - I'm originally from Perth in Australia, and have had long stays in the UK and Vancouver before coming here late last year. It seems quite of few people on this site have lived abroad somewhere else before coming to Geneva. Maybe some people are simply more attracted to the "ex-pat" lifestyle - call it fish out of water syndrome or whatever you like. Thoughts ? And I think Geneva may be one of the best places to live as a "foriegner" - everything is here, everything works and everyone is nice. (so far !) Is this the 'holy grail' of ex-pat cities ? I'd like to find out...

In terms of interests - I used to row a lot, but that doesn't seem to fit my new work / life balance : ( Would love to run some more (trotted around London marathon in 05), get into tennis, softball, discover the area, finally negotiate a mogul field and (my biggest challenge) learn French !

looking forward to meeting you...

Chad.
chaddyFeb 1, 2006 @ 23:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1199 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: good evening geneva
Post 1
welcome to Geneva mate.

What you say about us expats and the 'fish out of water' is so true...atleast I find it true.

There are a lot of Austalian folks on GoL too, by the way, in case you miss home and you want to hear some G'days being thrown around. 2 of them are very active in the community: Broga (Broghan), and Captain_Stav (Steve).

Welcome to the community, and hope to see you soon. Nir
welcome to Geneva mate.

What you say about us expats and the 'fish out of water' is so true...atleast I find it true.

There are a lot of Austalian folks on GoL too, by the way, in case you miss home and you want to hear some G'days being thrown around. 2 of them are very active in the community: Broga (Broghan), and Captain_Stav (Steve).

Welcome to the community, and hope to see you soon. Nir
Nir Ofek, Feb 2, 2006 @ 13:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Pity you weren't around last week, could have joined us in celebrating Australia Day in style!
But welcome to Geneva, it's an amazing place. Looking forward to meeting you soon.
Pity you weren't around last week, could have joined us in celebrating Australia Day in style!
But welcome to Geneva, it's an amazing place. Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Brogsta, Feb 2, 2006 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
... what takes you to so many places ? I lived in Vancouver for a couple of years. Call me mad, but I see a lot of similarities between Geneva and Vancouver. Thoughts ???
... what takes you to so many places ? I lived in Vancouver for a couple of years. Call me mad, but I see a lot of similarities between Geneva and Vancouver. Thoughts ???
chaddy, Feb 6, 2006 @ 20:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
I know what you mean Girl Canuck, but having just come from Reading in the UK - where Sushi is completely non existenet - it is nice to have at least a few options! I know its not cheap - but the sushi at Globus is v.good, and there's one in the Confederation Centre also ("NO" I think ?) Handy for before/after a film, but again - quite pricey. That's where Vancouver is brilliant - excellent Sushi - and cheap ! I must try the one near the train station - thanks for the tip Tasmin.
I know what you mean Girl Canuck, but having just come from Reading in the UK - where Sushi is completely non existenet - it is nice to have at least a few options! I know its not cheap - but the sushi at Globus is v.good, and there's one in the Confederation Centre also ("NO" I think ?) Handy for before/after a film, but again - quite pricey. That's where Vancouver is brilliant - excellent Sushi - and cheap ! I must try the one near the train station - thanks for the tip Tasmin.
chaddy, Feb 9, 2006 @ 15:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1199 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form