Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > munster moves to geneva ...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
munster moves to geneva ...
Hi all

Well, that title is actually a bit of a lie, as my girlfriend and I are moving out to Geneva on March the 25th, but i thought i'd introduce myself ahead of time.

I currently live in Leeds in England and am quitting my job to move out to this beautiful part of the world with my girlfriend who is being relocated here by her employer. So i'm looking for a job, but if i can't get one straight away then i'll welcome the time to get stuck into improving my pitiful french.

I'm a keen snowboarder and spent six months last year in the Californian mountains and can't believe that we are moving out to geneva to be within an hour of some of the most amazing mountains in the world. I've also DJ'd (eclectic funk hip hop rock indie reggae stuff) in Leeds for the last four years and am keen to find somewhere to keep that up, be it a bar or a club. I'm also a keen runner and cyclist and am thinking about getting into triathalon when we move (only thinking about it mind you!)

I can't wait to get out to Switzerland, and only have one week left at work, and then a week in london, and then we're there. I look forward to meeting some of you over the coming weeks, months and years.

The text you are quoting:
Hi all

Well, that title is actually a bit of a lie, as my girlfriend and I are moving out to Geneva on March the 25th, but i thought i'd introduce myself ahead of time.

I currently live in Leeds in England and am quitting my job to move out to this beautiful part of the world with my girlfriend who is being relocated here by her employer. So i'm looking for a job, but if i can't get one straight away then i'll welcome the time to get stuck into improving my pitiful french.

I'm a keen snowboarder and spent six months last year in the Californian mountains and can't believe that we are moving out to geneva to be within an hour of some of the most amazing mountains in the world. I've also DJ'd (eclectic funk hip hop rock indie reggae stuff) in Leeds for the last four years and am keen to find somewhere to keep that up, be it a bar or a club. I'm also a keen runner and cyclist and am thinking about getting into triathalon when we move (only thinking about it mind you!)

I can't wait to get out to Switzerland, and only have one week left at work, and then a week in london, and then we're there. I look forward to meeting some of you over the coming weeks, months and years.

munsterMar 9, 2006 @ 00:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 999 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: munster moves to geneva ...
Post 1
Come on down here mate, we're waiting for you guys.

It's snow board heaven over here, you will love it. Forget about work, hit the slopes...(-;

But seriously, about work. Expect a few good months of looking for one. You will eventually find one, but the market is tough. What sort of work you looking for?

Nir
Come on down here mate, we're waiting for you guys.

It's snow board heaven over here, you will love it. Forget about work, hit the slopes...(-;

But seriously, about work. Expect a few good months of looking for one. You will eventually find one, but the market is tough. What sort of work you looking for?

Nir
Nir Ofek, Mar 9, 2006 @ 12:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: munster moves to geneva ...
Post 2
cheers mate

can't wait to get over and get involved :)

am looking for work in the NGOs preferably, as I work in the public sector over here in the UK (in Regional Economic Development). but hey, if i don't find something straight away, then i know quite a few mountains where i'll be spending some of my time :)

Really excited about learning French too, and only 10 days to go til we fly out.
cheers mate

can't wait to get over and get involved :)

am looking for work in the NGOs preferably, as I work in the public sector over here in the UK (in Regional Economic Development). but hey, if i don't find something straight away, then i know quite a few mountains where i'll be spending some of my time :)

Really excited about learning French too, and only 10 days to go til we fly out.
munster, Mar 15, 2006 @ 19:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 999 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form