Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > newbie, of the brand-spanking kind...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
newbie, of the brand-spanking kind...
new fob in geneva. how new?

- don't have my permit yet
- my phone # still starts with +1 and not +41
- had my first sit-down meal in a resto yesterday
- have yet to find out how much a new coiff will cost me
- my eyes still sting from all the smoke in a club
- said "nonante" for the first time this week
- etc etc.. u get the idea. =)

so far, school work has been all-consuming, but to keep sane i'll need to break away once in a while. my school mates are great, but i am older than most of them (which is not to say i'm particularly mature!) so i'm looking forward to meeting other folks with other strokes (my age'ish and otherwise) on gol/sindy!

still lurking around on the site, but hoping to become more active and meet some of you soon. i'v annotated my profile pic to say more about myself without rambling incessantly like i ended up doing anyway..

if u know the symbols (and if u know what a 'fob' is - and that i must surely be using it in jest), then we cool. =)

ciao
The text you are quoting:
new fob in geneva. how new?

- don't have my permit yet
- my phone # still starts with +1 and not +41
- had my first sit-down meal in a resto yesterday
- have yet to find out how much a new coiff will cost me
- my eyes still sting from all the smoke in a club
- said "nonante" for the first time this week
- etc etc.. u get the idea. =)

so far, school work has been all-consuming, but to keep sane i'll need to break away once in a while. my school mates are great, but i am older than most of them (which is not to say i'm particularly mature!) so i'm looking forward to meeting other folks with other strokes (my age'ish and otherwise) on gol/sindy!

still lurking around on the site, but hoping to become more active and meet some of you soon. i'v annotated my profile pic to say more about myself without rambling incessantly like i ended up doing anyway..

if u know the symbols (and if u know what a 'fob' is - and that i must surely be using it in jest), then we cool. =)

ciao

snowriceNov 19, 2005 @ 16:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1206 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: newbie, of the brand-spanking kind...
Post 1
you really are fresh off the boat!

welcome to GOL and to Geneva, mate.

What do you study?

And 1 piece of advice (if I may) about how to get quickly into the thick of things: get over the 'lurking' stage quickly, and start initiating / coming out to activities with us. It really works...(-:

Nir

you really are fresh off the boat!

welcome to GOL and to Geneva, mate.

What do you study?

And 1 piece of advice (if I may) about how to get quickly into the thick of things: get over the 'lurking' stage quickly, and start initiating / coming out to activities with us. It really works...(-:

Nir

Nir Ofek, Nov 20, 2005 @ 13:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
hey Nir

for sure! i'll keep my eyes out for upcoming member activities.. limited selection for me at the moment (not a half of a couple, no kids, and this canadian doesn't play hockey (!!) ) think my homework load isn't as heavy this week, so bring on the part-ays! =D

i'm studying economics, btw. [insert joke here]

jackie
hey Nir

for sure! i'll keep my eyes out for upcoming member activities.. limited selection for me at the moment (not a half of a couple, no kids, and this canadian doesn't play hockey (!!) ) think my homework load isn't as heavy this week, so bring on the part-ays! =D

i'm studying economics, btw. [insert joke here]

jackie
snowrice, Nov 24, 2005 @ 03:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
thx sherri!

yes, i'll go to the new members drinks for sure! how often do they happen anyway? i actually hadn't combed thru the site til just now, so i see that i'v missed a lot of really cool events.. but hey, i know where to look now!

jackie
thx sherri!

yes, i'll go to the new members drinks for sure! how often do they happen anyway? i actually hadn't combed thru the site til just now, so i see that i'v missed a lot of really cool events.. but hey, i know where to look now!

jackie
snowrice, Nov 24, 2005 @ 03:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
but otherwise i'm in for sure! =)
but otherwise i'm in for sure! =)
snowrice, Nov 25, 2005 @ 03:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1206 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form