Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > the long and winding road.............

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
the long and winding road.............
ok, they said to write something about yourself as an introduction. hmmm, how much time and space do you allow :-)i'm from new york and
i came to switzerland over 25 yrs ago for 6 months to learn french....i'm still here, i'm a slow learner. nevertheless, i decided back then, that this area was the best of all possible places to be, so i stayed. over the years i worked in many fields and travelled through most of europe. i started my own satellite communications company in 1987 and probably did more satellite antenna installations then the PTT in those days. more recently i have given communications courses for job seekers and the un-employed
within the structure of a well known employment group. today i have opened my own consultancy in this field. for many these days, it is difficult to be competitve as a career seeker, so i hope i can help as many people as possible and give back to the suisse romande economy a little something after all these years. i really like this gol site and look forward to meeting all of you during the coming events. if you see me online just jump in and say "hi, how youz doin"
The text you are quoting:
ok, they said to write something about yourself as an introduction. hmmm, how much time and space do you allow :-)i'm from new york and
i came to switzerland over 25 yrs ago for 6 months to learn french....i'm still here, i'm a slow learner. nevertheless, i decided back then, that this area was the best of all possible places to be, so i stayed. over the years i worked in many fields and travelled through most of europe. i started my own satellite communications company in 1987 and probably did more satellite antenna installations then the PTT in those days. more recently i have given communications courses for job seekers and the un-employed
within the structure of a well known employment group. today i have opened my own consultancy in this field. for many these days, it is difficult to be competitve as a career seeker, so i hope i can help as many people as possible and give back to the suisse romande economy a little something after all these years. i really like this gol site and look forward to meeting all of you during the coming events. if you see me online just jump in and say "hi, how youz doin"
epicureFeb 26, 2006 @ 21:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1041 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: the long and winding road.............
Post 1
Glad you found us Epicure.

Sounds like you are an interesting guy.

Im sure alot of our members could benefit from your expertise in the Job Seeking field.

How about posting some basic dos and dont's for job-seekers in the General forum? Or, if we see the interest is there, an event where you give a short presentation about the subject?

See you soon.

Oded
Glad you found us Epicure.

Sounds like you are an interesting guy.

Im sure alot of our members could benefit from your expertise in the Job Seeking field.

How about posting some basic dos and dont's for job-seekers in the General forum? Or, if we see the interest is there, an event where you give a short presentation about the subject?

See you soon.

Oded
SiteAdmin Oded, Feb 27, 2006 @ 11:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
over the years i've been amazed at the interest people have in "self-marketing" and i'm alwys being asked if "i could help out someone they know"..........
an informal information evening with a guest speaker would be a great idea. just let me know and.....we'll do it.
cheers,
roger
over the years i've been amazed at the interest people have in "self-marketing" and i'm alwys being asked if "i could help out someone they know"..........
an informal information evening with a guest speaker would be a great idea. just let me know and.....we'll do it.
cheers,
roger
epicure, Feb 27, 2006 @ 12:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I would love to attend something like this. It could also be the start of a 'expert speaker' regular event...

I would love to attend something like this. It could also be the start of a 'expert speaker' regular event...

Nir Ofek, Feb 27, 2006 @ 18:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1041 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form