Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > A dating related proposal

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
A dating related proposal
As it's been already said many times the glocals is NOT a dating site BUT you cannot stop people who do it anyway obviously because it is an essential part of a social life and activities for many of folks. Lets face it :) So it gets either hidden or happens as a violation of the site rule (sounds nerdy, hah). And instead of facing people away from glocals and pointing them to some other sites for dating (I guess you guys don't want to lose visitors) you may just accept the fact that some dating happens here.. :)
Taking that probably I am not the first who propose this I would introduce a profile entry saying that the person does or doesn't accept any dating sharp. This would remove a lot of complains and make things often clear. So that if a person sets this field to "don't accept dating" and still being dated this time it may become a subject for a claim.
The text you are quoting:
As it's been already said many times the glocals is NOT a dating site BUT you cannot stop people who do it anyway obviously because it is an essential part of a social life and activities for many of folks. Lets face it :) So it gets either hidden or happens as a violation of the site rule (sounds nerdy, hah). And instead of facing people away from glocals and pointing them to some other sites for dating (I guess you guys don't want to lose visitors) you may just accept the fact that some dating happens here.. :)
Taking that probably I am not the first who propose this I would introduce a profile entry saying that the person does or doesn't accept any dating sharp. This would remove a lot of complains and make things often clear. So that if a person sets this field to "don't accept dating" and still being dated this time it may become a subject for a claim.

VitalyOct 27, 2009 @ 19:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1898 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: A dating related proposal
Post 1
Or else... if one wants to date, would better go out, participate to activities and meet potential dates in person, instead of sending obnoxious personal messages to people they never even met!
Or else... if one wants to date, would better go out, participate to activities and meet potential dates in person, instead of sending obnoxious personal messages to people they never even met!

Stef__Granny, Oct 28, 2009 @ 19:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Or if you did want to date , you could just set your status to something like:
"I'm new here, nice to meet you"
 that should do the trick
Or if you did want to date , you could just set your status to something like:
"I'm new here, nice to meet you"
 that should do the trick

brucelawson, Oct 28, 2009 @ 21:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I am not advocating the way one may do it here sending "obnoxious personal messages". Totally agree about activities and in person stuff no doubt but some people may accept this way of communication simply filtering out unpleasant offers.The dating option could be hidden by default unless it has been explicitly set so that it would fit in most cases making no difference with a present look. Here I just think as a developer who has to tackle this kind of "social-usability" issues designing sites like this one and making sure not to face visitors away but rather find a little compromise.
I am not advocating the way one may do it here sending "obnoxious personal messages". Totally agree about activities and in person stuff no doubt but some people may accept this way of communication simply filtering out unpleasant offers.The dating option could be hidden by default unless it has been explicitly set so that it would fit in most cases making no difference with a present look. Here I just think as a developer who has to tackle this kind of "social-usability" issues designing sites like this one and making sure not to face visitors away but rather find a little compromise.

Vitaly, Oct 28, 2009 @ 22:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Vitaly,

Thanks for the proposal.

Our current thinking is similar to Stef's: that if folks want to meet, real live Activities (which is what glocals is all about) is the best place for it to happen. And in real life, it's easier to 'read' who's up for a date, and who isn't.

Having said this, it's true that signaling online to others if I'm up for a (hot) date or not could solve some misunderstandings. We'll collect more feedback on the idea in the next few weeks and revert.

Nir

Vitaly,

Thanks for the proposal.

Our current thinking is similar to Stef's: that if folks want to meet, real live Activities (which is what glocals is all about) is the best place for it to happen. And in real life, it's easier to 'read' who's up for a date, and who isn't.

Having said this, it's true that signaling online to others if I'm up for a (hot) date or not could solve some misunderstandings. We'll collect more feedback on the idea in the next few weeks and revert.

Nir

Nir Ofek, Oct 29, 2009 @ 09:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Well, as a single actually looking to meet Mr Right, I would like to add my 2ç
worth..
Although I am basically up for a date, I prefer starting with medium
warm dates, rather than really hot ones, and I dont appreciate being approached on the
subject, before I have made a clear connection with someone about common interests
etc.
I like glocals because it offers the possibility to meet people
before entering into the dating realm.
There are many websites
available for fast, hot dates, but not many offer what glocals does, so lets not ruin a good
thing..
Well, as a single actually looking to meet Mr Right, I would like to add my 2ç
worth..
Although I am basically up for a date, I prefer starting with medium
warm dates, rather than really hot ones, and I dont appreciate being approached on the
subject, before I have made a clear connection with someone about common interests
etc.
I like glocals because it offers the possibility to meet people
before entering into the dating realm.
There are many websites
available for fast, hot dates, but not many offer what glocals does, so lets not ruin a good
thing..
Jana Cyberia, Oct 29, 2009 @ 09:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Jana,
Thanks for being candid and to the point. Come to think of it, Glocals has no power over what happens after the first meeting.
This is a real world we are leaving in and we are all human beings with dynamic aspirations and feelings. May be Glocals should write a Disclaimer saying that they will not be responsible for any subsequent meetings after the first meeting and if  or the second meeting will be remotely regarded as a date!
This will make people to uphold the standards of Glocals and attract more users. Honestly many people have had subsequent meetings after the first one than they are willing to say.
Jana,
Thanks for being candid and to the point. Come to think of it, Glocals has no power over what happens after the first meeting.
This is a real world we are leaving in and we are all human beings with dynamic aspirations and feelings. May be Glocals should write a Disclaimer saying that they will not be responsible for any subsequent meetings after the first meeting and if  or the second meeting will be remotely regarded as a date!
This will make people to uphold the standards of Glocals and attract more users. Honestly many people have had subsequent meetings after the first one than they are willing to say.

Gichana, Oct 29, 2009 @ 09:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1898 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form