Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Bring back the old site until chat on the new site works...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Bring back the old site until chat on the new site works...
So many people are clamoring to have chat re-enabled, myself included....
Would it be possible to have the old site go live at old.glocals.com (or something like that)? Or like Yahoo did, have one site but allow the users to select which version they want to see..... old or new style with or without certain features.
There is a lot to like about the new site, but a lot of things which are very frustrating because the community of over 20K came to depend on certain things which have now been disabled, removed, etc.
Please consider some short term options, solutions, etc to ease the pain of transition for the users.

The text you are quoting:
So many people are clamoring to have chat re-enabled, myself included....
Would it be possible to have the old site go live at old.glocals.com (or something like that)? Or like Yahoo did, have one site but allow the users to select which version they want to see..... old or new style with or without certain features.
There is a lot to like about the new site, but a lot of things which are very frustrating because the community of over 20K came to depend on certain things which have now been disabled, removed, etc.
Please consider some short term options, solutions, etc to ease the pain of transition for the users.

ZonkerAug 13, 2009 @ 10:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1252 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Bring back the old site until chat on the new site works...
Post 1
 I see how desperate people are to have the chat function ;o)

Patience! It will be back soon...

Jokes apart...I think if we keep asking for these things, the site developers and designers will not be able to concentrate on the important things...

Chat is an additional functionality which I am guessing will be enabled sooner or later. If a person wants to contact somebody, simply use the email function.

BESIDES, I think chat function should be designed in such a way that you can ONLY chat with people in your friends list. This will cut down a lot of unreasonable chat requests that some of the women receive.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers
Ehsaan
 I see how desperate people are to have the chat function ;o)

Patience! It will be back soon...

Jokes apart...I think if we keep asking for these things, the site developers and designers will not be able to concentrate on the important things...

Chat is an additional functionality which I am guessing will be enabled sooner or later. If a person wants to contact somebody, simply use the email function.

BESIDES, I think chat function should be designed in such a way that you can ONLY chat with people in your friends list. This will cut down a lot of unreasonable chat requests that some of the women receive.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers
Ehsaan

Ehsaan, Aug 13, 2009 @ 10:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
 Totally agree with you Ehsaan!
Chat can be a pain, especially for the
women, with lonely guys trying to hook up with smne nice.  Get out there and join in on an
activity instead!  Plus, there are plenty of other ways to chat (gmail, FB, Skype), so there's no
need for it here.:o)  J. 
 Totally agree with you Ehsaan!
Chat can be a pain, especially for the
women, with lonely guys trying to hook up with smne nice.  Get out there and join in on an
activity instead!  Plus, there are plenty of other ways to chat (gmail, FB, Skype), so there's no
need for it here.:o)  J. 
JulianT, Aug 13, 2009 @ 11:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
 and yet.....
if you look elsewhere on the site, many people
requesting the chat service were women. and at least one of them remarked how easy it was
to say "busy" and not be bothered.
but, the point is this.....there
seem to be two things people are complaining about with regards to the new site: speed and
chat. people relied on it. and how frustrating is it to see that several of my friends are online but
i can only send them an email. yuck! i've actually started giving out my skype name
instead.....
when you upgrade a site, you have to at a
minimum
 provide the same features/functionality as before, because people are
used to it. If you can't do that, then you are not ready to go live with the new version and you
should delay until you are ready.

and yet.....
if you look elsewhere on the site, many people
requesting the chat service were women. and at least one of them remarked how easy it was
to say "busy" and not be bothered.
but, the point is this.....there
seem to be two things people are complaining about with regards to the new site: speed and
chat. people relied on it. and how frustrating is it to see that several of my friends are online but
i can only send them an email. yuck! i've actually started giving out my skype name
instead.....
when you upgrade a site, you have to at a
minimum
 provide the same features/functionality as before, because people are
used to it. If you can't do that, then you are not ready to go live with the new version and you
should delay until you are ready.

Zonker, Aug 13, 2009 @ 11:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 Don't forget the guys here.... I got thousands of chat request a day from all those depirate women.... it's very annoying!

;P
 Don't forget the guys here.... I got thousands of chat request a day from all those depirate women.... it's very annoying!

;P
Arnovd, Aug 13, 2009 @ 11:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Arnovd, its that orange hat ;-) change it to a pink hat and you will see it will be only men requesting you for chat ;-)

Totally agree with you Zonker,

"when you upgrade a site, you have to at a minimum provide the same features/functionality as before, because people are used to it"

But keep in mind, that this is NOT a professional networking site like FB or IN or ASW..
This is more of a community thing than a professional site..
Unlike other networking sites, you personally know the guys who run this website..and there are bugs in the initial phase which will be ironed out sooner or later..

"if you look elsewhere on the site, many people requesting the chat service were women."

If you search the forums, the only people complaining about unreasonable requests were WOMEN...

No men complained about being stalked or getting an unwanted or indecent chat request...

BESIDES, it is disabled temporarily...If you really need to talk to your friends, I guess you have their email address/skype/yahoo/msn or even phone numbers...right?

If you want to talk to a stranger, simply send an email..FOR NOW, until the chat function is restored!

Cheers
Ehsaan
Arnovd, its that orange hat ;-) change it to a pink hat and you will see it will be only men requesting you for chat ;-)

Totally agree with you Zonker,

"when you upgrade a site, you have to at a minimum provide the same features/functionality as before, because people are used to it"

But keep in mind, that this is NOT a professional networking site like FB or IN or ASW..
This is more of a community thing than a professional site..
Unlike other networking sites, you personally know the guys who run this website..and there are bugs in the initial phase which will be ironed out sooner or later..

"if you look elsewhere on the site, many people requesting the chat service were women."

If you search the forums, the only people complaining about unreasonable requests were WOMEN...

No men complained about being stalked or getting an unwanted or indecent chat request...

BESIDES, it is disabled temporarily...If you really need to talk to your friends, I guess you have their email address/skype/yahoo/msn or even phone numbers...right?

If you want to talk to a stranger, simply send an email..FOR NOW, until the chat function is restored!

Cheers
Ehsaan
Ehsaan, Aug 13, 2009 @ 11:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
this said, email on the new glocals site takes about an hour to appear in the inbox.!!!
this said, email on the new glocals site takes about an hour to appear in the inbox.!!!

epicure, Aug 13, 2009 @ 11:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
 Zonker, are you feeling safe with that Orange hat still on? ;o)

Ehsaan, Aug 13, 2009 @ 14:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Aug 13, 09 14:36
 oops...I meant Arnovd... ;o))
 oops...I meant Arnovd... ;o))

Ehsaan, Aug 13, 2009 @ 14:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
yeah, i was going to say.....
yeah, i was going to say.....

Zonker, Aug 13, 2009 @ 15:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1252 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form