Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Bug - Number of attendees exceeds the limit of the events

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Bug - Number of attendees exceeds the limit of the events

Hi,

I created an event with a number of 12 limited place.

http://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/geneva/81262.htm

But as you can see 13 people joined . The cause is for the last slot available two people joined the event in a very short time interval and somehow the system accepted them both despite the fact that only one place was remaining.

Thanks

Rémi

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I created an event with a number of 12 limited place.

http://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/geneva/81262.htm

But as you can see 13 people joined . The cause is for the last slot available two people joined the event in a very short time interval and somehow the system accepted them both despite the fact that only one place was remaining.

Thanks

Rémi

Rémi LAug 12, 2015 @ 09:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 2383 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Bug - Number of attendees exceeds the limit of the events
Post 1

Thanks Remi. 

Our system automatically counts the organizer as an attendant, and then allows the max number of people to join. So if you mark it as max 12, the system will block registrations at you + 12, ie 13. I understand that can cause issues, and we'll fix this asap. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Nir

Thanks Remi. 

Our system automatically counts the organizer as an attendant, and then allows the max number of people to join. So if you mark it as max 12, the system will block registrations at you + 12, ie 13. I understand that can cause issues, and we'll fix this asap. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Nir

Nir Ofek, Aug 12, 2015 @ 13:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks Nir for your answer. However I am afraid to say it does not work like you said. I have already created events in the past and I have never faced this problem. If I set a limit to 12, it will let other 11 other slots for other people. If 11 people join then we would be 12 with me and the event will be marked as full.

I really think this is due to the facts that 2 people joined almost simutaneously to get the last free slot.

Anyway it is not a big deal in our case, so no worries. I have just wanted to report the incident so you can be aware of it and eventually fix it.

Thanks Nir for your answer. However I am afraid to say it does not work like you said. I have already created events in the past and I have never faced this problem. If I set a limit to 12, it will let other 11 other slots for other people. If 11 people join then we would be 12 with me and the event will be marked as full.

I really think this is due to the facts that 2 people joined almost simutaneously to get the last free slot.

Anyway it is not a big deal in our case, so no worries. I have just wanted to report the incident so you can be aware of it and eventually fix it.

Rémi L, Aug 12, 2015 @ 14:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Aug 12, 15 14:11

Thanks Remi, I'm having the IT guys look into it. 

Thanks Remi, I'm having the IT guys look into it. 

Nir Ofek, Aug 12, 2015 @ 15:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 2383 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form