Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > COVID 19 - "new normal" needs a new/improved website

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
COVID 19 - "new normal" needs a new/improved website

With so many events being curtailed/cancelled due to the pandemic now is the time for the glocals website to be more mobile friendly.

Recent comment heard frequently from friends "it's hard enough to organise an event these days without the hassle of the website being so un-user friendly on my mobile...."

So we post on the site (sometimes) then create a Whatsapp group for communication via our mobiles.

This will not be helping your advertising revenue as site traffic gets re-routed to using our Whatsapp groups instead of glocals website.

The new normal needs a new app if we're going to get through these tough times and still manage events (the main reason we're all here).

Thoughts??

The text you are quoting:

With so many events being curtailed/cancelled due to the pandemic now is the time for the glocals website to be more mobile friendly.

Recent comment heard frequently from friends "it's hard enough to organise an event these days without the hassle of the website being so un-user friendly on my mobile...."

So we post on the site (sometimes) then create a Whatsapp group for communication via our mobiles.

This will not be helping your advertising revenue as site traffic gets re-routed to using our Whatsapp groups instead of glocals website.

The new normal needs a new app if we're going to get through these tough times and still manage events (the main reason we're all here).

Thoughts??

Carolyn CAug 13, 2020 @ 16:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1362 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: COVID 19 - "new normal" needs a new/improved website
Post 1

In my opinion Glocals has needed an app for years. I guess it's an issue of funding/priority

In my opinion Glocals has needed an app for years. I guess it's an issue of funding/priority

D Y, Aug 14, 2020 @ 09:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: COVID 19 - "new normal" needs a new/improved website
Post 2

Hi Carolyn and thanks for your feedback,

I agree with you 1000% that we need to imrpove Glocals and make it mobile friendly.

As is always the case, its a question of prioritizing time and funding, and because Glocals is free and pretty complex, it keeps getting pushed back for other projects.

All I can say is that we're aware and we're trying to create time and funding for this and I hope to have some news soon.

Thanks,

Oded

Hi Carolyn and thanks for your feedback,

I agree with you 1000% that we need to imrpove Glocals and make it mobile friendly.

As is always the case, its a question of prioritizing time and funding, and because Glocals is free and pretty complex, it keeps getting pushed back for other projects.

All I can say is that we're aware and we're trying to create time and funding for this and I hope to have some news soon.

Thanks,

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Aug 14, 2020 @ 12:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1362 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form