Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Chat problem - does not depopulate, as people log off

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Chat problem - does not depopulate, as people log off

Nothing to lose sleep over, but.. 

In short, the problem is that people appear to stay online in the chat list, even when they are verifiably logged off, meaning that opening a chat with someone only seemingly online is futile.. unfortunately the chat window gives no indication as to the person's real login status. I think this is a critical bug in the chat.

Another, merely severe, issue, is the dropped lines - not infrequently, the recepient fails to receive a chat message, or vice versa. Again, with no indication that delivery failed.

Now, "severe" and "critical" are relative terms on a Saturday afternoon, and I do appreciate the fantastic, free, service that Glocals is :)

Cheers, FL

P.S.: Don't put a Facebook like-button in there, pls (a like-button sends a message to Facebook about which pages, you surf on.. each of them, if they have a like-button - regardless, whether you click it or not. Here's a counter-measure. Now, glocals is arguably benign, but it is still nothing of Facebook's business from my point of view.)

The text you are quoting:

Nothing to lose sleep over, but.. 

In short, the problem is that people appear to stay online in the chat list, even when they are verifiably logged off, meaning that opening a chat with someone only seemingly online is futile.. unfortunately the chat window gives no indication as to the person's real login status. I think this is a critical bug in the chat.

Another, merely severe, issue, is the dropped lines - not infrequently, the recepient fails to receive a chat message, or vice versa. Again, with no indication that delivery failed.

Now, "severe" and "critical" are relative terms on a Saturday afternoon, and I do appreciate the fantastic, free, service that Glocals is :)

Cheers, FL

P.S.: Don't put a Facebook like-button in there, pls (a like-button sends a message to Facebook about which pages, you surf on.. each of them, if they have a like-button - regardless, whether you click it or not. Here's a counter-measure. Now, glocals is arguably benign, but it is still nothing of Facebook's business from my point of view.)

FerneyLSep 3, 2011 @ 15:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1787 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Chat problem - does not depopulate, as people log off
Post 1

Good point Ferney L, I hadn't noticed this, I only have the issue remaining whereby my glocals page refreshes every few minutes, Booting me off chat and missing some lines if I'd been chatting with a friend.

Also agree that glocals have a fab, free service so that's much appreciated.

Good point Ferney L, I hadn't noticed this, I only have the issue remaining whereby my glocals page refreshes every few minutes, Booting me off chat and missing some lines if I'd been chatting with a friend.

Also agree that glocals have a fab, free service so that's much appreciated.

Alison O, Sep 5, 2011 @ 21:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

The chat seems to depopulate correctly now. The problem with dropped lines still occurs, though.

The chat seems to depopulate correctly now. The problem with dropped lines still occurs, though.

FerneyL, Sep 14, 2011 @ 14:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

So that explains the lack of weird messages in the last weeks. Can we keep it that way?

So that explains the lack of weird messages in the last weeks. Can we keep it that way?

Maria_, Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1787 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form