Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Chat with Friends or Strangers...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Chat with Friends or Strangers...

Hi folks

We added the option to chat with people who are not your friends (only if they want to chat)

To see / activate the new chat options, please follow the below steps:

1. Logout of glocals and then login again (you only need to do this once, not every time)

2. Click on the 'Chat' tab at the bottom of your screen.  On the right side, you will see 'Who Can Chat With Me'
The default will be 'Only Friends', and you can change it to 'No One' or 'Everyone'

3. Go to the 'Members' page.  People that are online and available for chat will have a 'Chat' icon on their profile.  Click on this icon to invite them for a chat.

Thanks, and let me know what you think.

Oded

The text you are quoting:

Hi folks

We added the option to chat with people who are not your friends (only if they want to chat)

To see / activate the new chat options, please follow the below steps:

1. Logout of glocals and then login again (you only need to do this once, not every time)

2. Click on the 'Chat' tab at the bottom of your screen.  On the right side, you will see 'Who Can Chat With Me'
The default will be 'Only Friends', and you can change it to 'No One' or 'Everyone'

3. Go to the 'Members' page.  People that are online and available for chat will have a 'Chat' icon on their profile.  Click on this icon to invite them for a chat.

Thanks, and let me know what you think.

Oded

SiteAdmin OdedSep 17, 2009 @ 11:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 2005 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Chat with Friends or Strangers...
Post 1

Several people asked me why so many people are shown as 'Busy'

To avoid unwanted chats, we made the chat default 'Only Friends Can Chat With Me' for everyone.

So people shown as busy either:
1. Don't want to chat with non-friends, so did not change their chat status from 'Only Friends Can Chat With Me'

or

2. Did not yet logout and login again to enable the new chat settings.

We will send out an email explaining the new chat settings tomorrow, so this should be sorted soon.

Thanks

Oded

The text you are quoting:

Several people asked me why so many people are shown as 'Busy'

To avoid unwanted chats, we made the chat default 'Only Friends Can Chat With Me' for everyone.

So people shown as busy either:
1. Don't want to chat with non-friends, so did not change their chat status from 'Only Friends Can Chat With Me'

or

2. Did not yet logout and login again to enable the new chat settings.

We will send out an email explaining the new chat settings tomorrow, so this should be sorted soon.

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Sep 17, 2009 @ 14:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 2005 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form