Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Clicking "Back" going wrong

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Clicking "Back" going wrong

for the last 4, 5, or 6 days, everytime I click once on the "back" button of my browser, I'm sent back to the page before the last one I was viewing, instead of the lattest one. tell me what is wrong, please.

note I have always used Google Chrome with the new site, but never had this problem. and it happens only when I'm on Glocals.

ThanksWink

The text you are quoting:

for the last 4, 5, or 6 days, everytime I click once on the "back" button of my browser, I'm sent back to the page before the last one I was viewing, instead of the lattest one. tell me what is wrong, please.

note I have always used Google Chrome with the new site, but never had this problem. and it happens only when I'm on Glocals.

ThanksWink

JustinFeb 19, 2010 @ 21:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1573 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Clicking "Back" going wrong
Post 1

Admins,

Could you help me fix this, please?

Thanks again.

Admins,

Could you help me fix this, please?

Thanks again.

Justin, Feb 25, 2010 @ 17:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

It depends on the way the site presents its content.  If page A opens a popup with content B, clicking on the Back button will not bring you to page A, but rather to the page you visited before page A.

Web 2.0 often made the standard navigation browser buttons obsolete, malfunctioning or, at best, less effective -- I advise you to not to use them and instead click on the links provided on the page.

It depends on the way the site presents its content.  If page A opens a popup with content B, clicking on the Back button will not bring you to page A, but rather to the page you visited before page A.

Web 2.0 often made the standard navigation browser buttons obsolete, malfunctioning or, at best, less effective -- I advise you to not to use them and instead click on the links provided on the page.

TheOmegaMan, Mar 1, 2010 @ 12:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

So there is no solution, except from waiting fTongue outr Web 2.1!?

then why do I have this problem only on Glocals?

So there is no solution, except from waiting fTongue outr Web 2.1!?

then why do I have this problem only on Glocals?

Justin, Mar 1, 2010 @ 18:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

You may have this problem on other sites as well.  For instance, merchant sites always warn you not to hit the Back button, or your order will be processed twice.

You may have this problem on other sites as well.  For instance, merchant sites always warn you not to hit the Back button, or your order will be processed twice.

TheOmegaMan, Mar 1, 2010 @ 19:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Justin

You say this happens to you every time you visit glocals, regardless of which site section you're looking at?

Thanks

Oded

Hi Justin

You say this happens to you every time you visit glocals, regardless of which site section you're looking at?

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Mar 1, 2010 @ 20:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Justin

Thanks

Oded

Mar 1, 10 20:47

perfectly exact and cLaughingrrect! 

perfectly exact and cLaughingrrect! 

Justin, Mar 1, 2010 @ 21:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Justin

I just did some tests using Chrome and it turns out you're right :-(

Clicking on 'Back' does not take me to the site homepage, but it does not always take me back to the page I was previously on either.

Since this happens on Chrome but not on other browsers, I'm thinking it's connected to the way Chrome caches pages to increase speed, which for some reason does not play nice with our site.

Optimizing a site for different browsers is getting harder and harder, but I'll put some work into this next week and try to fix the prob.

Thanks alot for the heads up and sorry I don't have a fix yet.

Oded

Hi Justin

Clicking on 'Back' does not take me to the site homepage, but it does not always take me back to the page I was previously on either.

Since this happens on Chrome but not on other browsers, I'm thinking it's connected to the way Chrome caches pages to increase speed, which for some reason does not play nice with our site.

Optimizing a site for different browsers is getting harder and harder, but I'll put some work into this next week and try to fix the prob.

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Mar 4, 2010 @ 19:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Justin

Oded

Mar 4, 10 19:53

thank you for your help. waiting for the solutiSmilen...

thank you for your help. waiting for the solutiSmilen...

Justin, Mar 4, 2010 @ 21:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1573 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form