Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Constantly loading in FF?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Constantly loading in FF?
Hey!

The site is constantly loading for me, all of a sudden. The wheel just keeps going round and round and round and round and... you get it, despite the pages seeming (apparently) to be completely loaded. This only seems to be happening on FF, though; on Safari it loads, the wheel quits, and everybody's happy.

Is it something to do with the chat?
The text you are quoting:
Hey!

The site is constantly loading for me, all of a sudden. The wheel just keeps going round and round and round and round and... you get it, despite the pages seeming (apparently) to be completely loaded. This only seems to be happening on FF, though; on Safari it loads, the wheel quits, and everybody's happy.

Is it something to do with the chat?

hayesSep 7, 2009 @ 13:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1229 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Constantly loading in FF?
Post 1

Hi Hayes

This is a 'cosmetic' issue, meaning that the loads are the same on all browsers, but, for some reason, on FF you can see the wheel constantly turning, and on other browsers you don't see it.

I know its irritating, and we're trying to solve it.

Thanks

O

Hi Hayes

This is a 'cosmetic' issue, meaning that the loads are the same on all browsers, but, for some reason, on FF you can see the wheel constantly turning, and on other browsers you don't see it.

I know its irritating, and we're trying to solve it.

Thanks

O

SiteAdmin Oded, Sep 7, 2009 @ 14:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
 If on the main page you right click on home and select open link in new tab the problem is solved. Oded dont bother with this. Is a waste of time. Fix something else. Page is great by the way :) 
 If on the main page you right click on home and select open link in new tab the problem is solved. Oded dont bother with this. Is a waste of time. Fix something else. Page is great by the way :) 

Maria_, Sep 7, 2009 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
It's gone already. (Or it's intermittent.)

I thought that the status of the turny wheel was simply linked to whether data was being transferred or not; it's surprising to me that something can trigger that behaviour when the page is completely loaded.

Sorry if you think I pointed out a meaningless cosmetic issue, Maria_, but in my head it looked like a deeper technical point. If there were dummy data being transferred then that's additional costs for the user, the hosts, and the ISPs.
It's gone already. (Or it's intermittent.)

I thought that the status of the turny wheel was simply linked to whether data was being transferred or not; it's surprising to me that something can trigger that behaviour when the page is completely loaded.

Sorry if you think I pointed out a meaningless cosmetic issue, Maria_, but in my head it looked like a deeper technical point. If there were dummy data being transferred then that's additional costs for the user, the hosts, and the ISPs.

hayes, Sep 7, 2009 @ 16:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 With AJAX, you can't really be sure when data is transfered between the browser and the server (or which server) anymore. Status bar or address-bar indicators don't count anymore.But hosting/housing pricing is no longer traffic-sensitive. Stopped being some time ago.Unless we are talking about hosting a website with a high number of large downloads (which glocals isn't - I assume the traffic is rather moderate)

With AJAX, you can't really be sure when data is transfered between the browser and the server (or which server) anymore. Status bar or address-bar indicators don't count anymore.But hosting/housing pricing is no longer traffic-sensitive. Stopped being some time ago.Unless we are talking about hosting a website with a high number of large downloads (which glocals isn't - I assume the traffic is rather moderate)

rainer_d, Sep 8, 2009 @ 01:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1229 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form