Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Editing forum posts / YouTube Video issues

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Editing forum posts / YouTube Video issues

Hi Oded/Nir:

There seem to be a few issues specifically when YouTube videos are uploaded onto the forums and we folks end-up posting a few times over.

Here's how I see it (I could be very very wrong):

1) When a user tries to link a video that does not contain youtube.com the post goes through, but the video doesn't show up.

An error message could resolve this issue.

2)  When a user tries to put in a link that does not direct to a video - for example, could be the link to a channel, a search result on youtube etc., the post still goes through...

An error message that asks the user to specify a link that directs to a video could fix this issue.

Globally, this could also be avoided by allowing users to edit and/or delete posts within 15 or 30 minutes as most such issues are realized almost immediately by us forum users, but the post is already out there.

This may also avoid misunderstandings and ensure world peace. Smile

The text you are quoting:

Hi Oded/Nir:

There seem to be a few issues specifically when YouTube videos are uploaded onto the forums and we folks end-up posting a few times over.

Here's how I see it (I could be very very wrong):

1) When a user tries to link a video that does not contain youtube.com the post goes through, but the video doesn't show up.

An error message could resolve this issue.

2)  When a user tries to put in a link that does not direct to a video - for example, could be the link to a channel, a search result on youtube etc., the post still goes through...

An error message that asks the user to specify a link that directs to a video could fix this issue.

Globally, this could also be avoided by allowing users to edit and/or delete posts within 15 or 30 minutes as most such issues are realized almost immediately by us forum users, but the post is already out there.

This may also avoid misunderstandings and ensure world peace. Smile

Arun K VApr 14, 2012 @ 20:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 2166 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Editing forum posts / YouTube Video issues
Post 1

For some reasons, smileys don't appear on my original posts too...

Cheers,

Arun

For some reasons, smileys don't appear on my original posts too...

Cheers,

Arun

Arun K V, Apr 14, 2012 @ 20:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I agree with the edit option, would be very useful (at least for me..)

I agree with the edit option, would be very useful (at least for me..)

bertrand hubert r, Apr 14, 2012 @ 21:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I wish the edit option would exist in general. A sort of mentor.

For example: You're about to send an email out because you feel it's important to express your real thoughts... There should be a "Are you SURE?" message that pops up.

And maybe even suggestions such as "Well, I wouldn't cc Pierre in this" or "Have you considered just ringing Thomas and asking him what this is all about? Or "I would walk away from that if I were you".

Or "Dear, once that picture is up, it is immortal. Do you really want to post that?"

Notice that you are warned before deleting things but never before sending things....

I wish the edit option would exist in general. A sort of mentor.

For example: You're about to send an email out because you feel it's important to express your real thoughts... There should be a "Are you SURE?" message that pops up.

And maybe even suggestions such as "Well, I wouldn't cc Pierre in this" or "Have you considered just ringing Thomas and asking him what this is all about? Or "I would walk away from that if I were you".

Or "Dear, once that picture is up, it is immortal. Do you really want to post that?"

Notice that you are warned before deleting things but never before sending things....

MarmarK, Apr 14, 2012 @ 21:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

MarmarK: Now you're asking for a secretary + management consultant...guess technology ain't there yet to replace human judgment. Smile

MarmarK: Now you're asking for a secretary + management consultant...guess technology ain't there yet to replace human judgment. Smile

Arun K V, Apr 17, 2012 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 2166 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form