Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Email notifications (possible bug..)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Email notifications (possible bug..)

Hi,

in my settings I have selected to receive email notifications for all the categories lsited. This includes 'When someone invites me to their friends network'.

However, I am not forwarded mails for that particular category. All the others (when someone posts on my event, event notifications, invitations to events, direct messages etc) work fine, just not Invites to friends network....

Is this a bug?

Cheers

Kathy

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

in my settings I have selected to receive email notifications for all the categories lsited. This includes 'When someone invites me to their friends network'.

However, I am not forwarded mails for that particular category. All the others (when someone posts on my event, event notifications, invitations to events, direct messages etc) work fine, just not Invites to friends network....

Is this a bug?

Cheers

Kathy

kathylJul 15, 2012 @ 14:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

22 Replies | 1677 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Email notifications (possible bug..)
Post 1

Hi,

Is this a bug?

Cheers

Kathy

Jul 15, 12 14:30

Yep, I noticed that too.

Yep, I noticed that too.

Izzie, Jul 15, 2012 @ 15:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

As of yesterday, I'm not getting email notifications for invites to events, notices of emails in my inbox...

Nir, Oded, what's up?   People cannot attend events if they are not getting the invites!

As of yesterday, I'm not getting email notifications for invites to events, notices of emails in my inbox...

Nir, Oded, what's up?   People cannot attend events if they are not getting the invites!

Michelle W, Jul 17, 2012 @ 22:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Still not receiving notifications....

Still not receiving notifications....

Michelle W, Jul 18, 2012 @ 22:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Did anyone check on this?   I'm still not receiving notifications to events or notifications that I have mail in my glocals inbox.    I *am* getting reminder notifications (for events I've RSVPd to).

I've checked my settings and they are set to receive notifications.

A reply would be appreciated even if there is no glitch/bug....

Did anyone check on this?   I'm still not receiving notifications to events or notifications that I have mail in my glocals inbox.    I *am* getting reminder notifications (for events I've RSVPd to).

I've checked my settings and they are set to receive notifications.

A reply would be appreciated even if there is no glitch/bug....

Michelle W, Jul 20, 2012 @ 17:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi guys and sorry for my delayed reply (I did not see this thread).

Michelle - any chance the notifications are going into your spam folder?

Kathyl - are the friend invites still not being forwarded to you?

Thanks

Oded

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Jul 23, 2012 @ 18:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Ive just spoken to a few of the members of the Photo club, and they didnt get invites to my last event either .... 

thanks 

K

Ive just spoken to a few of the members of the Photo club, and they didnt get invites to my last event either .... 

thanks 

K

Karl N, Jul 23, 2012 @ 18:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

ps notifications , are not going to the spam folders... and the mails have been sent to members of the club, and to people on my friends list .. 

ps notifications , are not going to the spam folders... and the mails have been sent to members of the club, and to people on my friends list .. 

Karl N, Jul 23, 2012 @ 18:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Thanks

Oded

Jul 23, 12 18:22

Nope.  Not in my spam folder.  I'm pretty tech-savvy so checked on the normal things before posting.

I did a general survey of the Nyon Group & my friends lists and last week, up to Friday, no one was getting notifications of event invites, of emails in inboxes, or of reminders.   Several people got a bunch of notifications in a row on Friday evening.  

Personally, my notifications started coming through after I went into my settings and set to "NOT RECEIVE" and Saved and then set it back to receive save.   Then the next notifications that went out (event reminder & email in inbox) I received.   But not any event invites yet I don't think.

Seems some people are still not getting notifications, so I'm not sure what else to say since I fixed my problem by changing my settings...

Nope.  Not in my spam folder.  I'm pretty tech-savvy so checked on the normal things before posting.

I did a general survey of the Nyon Group & my friends lists and last week, up to Friday, no one was getting notifications of event invites, of emails in inboxes, or of reminders.   Several people got a bunch of notifications in a row on Friday evening.  

Personally, my notifications started coming through after I went into my settings and set to "NOT RECEIVE" and Saved and then set it back to receive save.   Then the next notifications that went out (event reminder & email in inbox) I received.   But not any event invites yet I don't think.

Seems some people are still not getting notifications, so I'm not sure what else to say since I fixed my problem by changing my settings...

Michelle W, Jul 23, 2012 @ 19:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

when i get my own notifications, i get them all at the same time in the evening. If i post a comment on a group activity, i get notification straight away. But ive also just realised that im not getting invites either ..  very strange :-/

when i get my own notifications, i get them all at the same time in the evening. If i post a comment on a group activity, i get notification straight away. But ive also just realised that im not getting invites either ..  very strange :-/

Karl N, Jul 23, 2012 @ 19:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Oded - I can't remember whether the last friend request was forwarded. Sorry. I'll keep an eye out.

However, I am now experiencing sporadic non-forwarding of some glocals messages. It seems like some are forwarded but not others.

Oded - I can't remember whether the last friend request was forwarded. Sorry. I'll keep an eye out.

However, I am now experiencing sporadic non-forwarding of some glocals messages. It seems like some are forwarded but not others.

kathyl, Jul 24, 2012 @ 17:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi Oded, I can confirm that friend requests are not being forwarded on.

Hi Oded, I can confirm that friend requests are not being forwarded on.

kathyl, Jul 25, 2012 @ 19:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Not sure if this is connected but sometime last week I suddenly acquired 648 friends and was able to see their activities - this has now stopped and I am back to being Johnny no friends

Not sure if this is connected but sometime last week I suddenly acquired 648 friends and was able to see their activities - this has now stopped and I am back to being Johnny no friends

Paul E, Jul 25, 2012 @ 20:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

I'm still not getting event notifications......

I'm still not getting event notifications......

Michelle W, Jul 26, 2012 @ 10:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hi guys,

We just uploaded a fix that is supposed to solve all the notifications probs.

Please let me know (on this forum) if you start getting the notifications from now on.

Thanks

Oded

Hi guys,

We just uploaded a fix that is supposed to solve all the notifications probs.

Please let me know (on this forum) if you start getting the notifications from now on.

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Jul 26, 2012 @ 16:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

It now will not let me send group messages. Keeps asking me to choose a group, but gives no choice of group, and im already within my own group !!

It now will not let me send group messages. Keeps asking me to choose a group, but gives no choice of group, and im already within my own group !!

Karl N, Jul 26, 2012 @ 16:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

just to clarify, when i try to send a message to group members, those that have responded, and those who have not , it keeps giving the message to choose a group to respond to, it doesnt matter which group i select, any or all of them it still keeps ginving the same message, and doesnt allow the sending of group messages.

hope you get this resolved soon. 

K

just to clarify, when i try to send a message to group members, those that have responded, and those who have not , it keeps giving the message to choose a group to respond to, it doesnt matter which group i select, any or all of them it still keeps ginving the same message, and doesnt allow the sending of group messages.

hope you get this resolved soon. 

K

Karl N, Jul 26, 2012 @ 16:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Hi Karl,

Let me make sure I understand the prob.

You posted an activity and invited people.

You're now trying to send a message to all the people that RSVPed, and you're not able to?

Thanks

Oded

Hi Karl,

Let me make sure I understand the prob.

You posted an activity and invited people.

You're now trying to send a message to all the people that RSVPed, and you're not able to?

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Jul 26, 2012 @ 16:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

that is correct

that is correct

Karl N, Jul 26, 2012 @ 17:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Thanks Karl - looking into it.

O

Thanks Karl - looking into it.

O

SiteAdmin Oded, Jul 26, 2012 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

it s been a long time i receive not notification when i get messages in my mailbox or invitations or friends requests, although i have changed my settings several times... i thought it was because i am non grata and as i dont want to upset anyone i just didnt mention it. but since apparently i am not the only one, it might be a bug indeed not just me :)

it s been a long time i receive not notification when i get messages in my mailbox or invitations or friends requests, although i have changed my settings several times... i thought it was because i am non grata and as i dont want to upset anyone i just didnt mention it. but since apparently i am not the only one, it might be a bug indeed not just me :)

hay_, Jul 26, 2012 @ 21:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Hi Karl,

This should now be fixed.

Oded

Hi Karl,

This should now be fixed.

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Jul 30, 2012 @ 16:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Oded, I checked my settings and from the beginning I should be getting notifications for everything. Is there a way to select for 'Groups' that i am a member of, that I know when new activities or interests would be Posted, not who is attending, but to get a notice so I can see if I interested to attend the activity, often i am missing out on a few events that get 'filled up' too quickly.

thanks

Oded, I checked my settings and from the beginning I should be getting notifications for everything. Is there a way to select for 'Groups' that i am a member of, that I know when new activities or interests would be Posted, not who is attending, but to get a notice so I can see if I interested to attend the activity, often i am missing out on a few events that get 'filled up' too quickly.

thanks

Dave G, Jul 30, 2012 @ 16:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
22 Replies | 1677 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form