Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Event disappeared twice from a group

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Event disappeared twice from a group

Hi all,

lately I have been promoted as admin of the Lausanne Italianissimo group, in order to create an event in the absence of Izzie, the original group admin. She gave the admin rights for the group specifically to be able to create an event.

Well, I have twice created the event, and twice the event has disappeared from the group! :-(

The event was properly configured, and yet after a while, it disappeared from the group.

Is there any way of checking what might be the cause of such events? Is there a log or audit trail on what happens with admins?

Many thanks,

Luca

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

lately I have been promoted as admin of the Lausanne Italianissimo group, in order to create an event in the absence of Izzie, the original group admin. She gave the admin rights for the group specifically to be able to create an event.

Well, I have twice created the event, and twice the event has disappeared from the group! :-(

The event was properly configured, and yet after a while, it disappeared from the group.

Is there any way of checking what might be the cause of such events? Is there a log or audit trail on what happens with admins?

Many thanks,

Luca

Luca BertagnolioAug 11, 2014 @ 10:17
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1428 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Event disappeared twice from a group
Post 1

And now we're up to three times! Cry

The event has disappeared once more, and there were already 3 people registered for it. I call it quits, we will work it out with messages in the group, which is far less than ideal...

How can this be possible? What is causing this behaviour?

Thanks, Luca

And now we're up to three times! Cry

The event has disappeared once more, and there were already 3 people registered for it. I call it quits, we will work it out with messages in the group, which is far less than ideal...

How can this be possible? What is causing this behaviour?

Thanks, Luca

Luca Bertagnolio, Aug 11, 2014 @ 12:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

So it looks like there is a policy that states that some english must be included in an event invitation, and I was not aware of this, so apologies for this.

Yet, instead of simply removing the event altogether, without any notification, I would have liked to receive a PM with indication of the fact that the event needed to have text in English, instead of going thru the ordeal of creating it again for 4 times...

So, dear admins, please be a little flexible and use PMs instead of simply removing events the way it's been done.

Hope that the fourth time is the charm! Laughing

Ciao, Luca

So it looks like there is a policy that states that some english must be included in an event invitation, and I was not aware of this, so apologies for this.

Yet, instead of simply removing the event altogether, without any notification, I would have liked to receive a PM with indication of the fact that the event needed to have text in English, instead of going thru the ordeal of creating it again for 4 times...

So, dear admins, please be a little flexible and use PMs instead of simply removing events the way it's been done.

Hope that the fourth time is the charm! Laughing

Ciao, Luca

Luca Bertagnolio, Aug 11, 2014 @ 15:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Luca,

Sorry about that.

In the future, if you have a question, usually faster to send us an email than post it in the forums.

Thanks

Oded

Hi Luca,

Sorry about that.

In the future, if you have a question, usually faster to send us an email than post it in the forums.

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Aug 11, 2014 @ 16:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I went through a period of putting some of my mountain walks out in French, trying to attract glocals members who were interested enough to try and mix with French speakers and it worked quite well.  Had no problem with this on glocals. 

Have stopped advertising my walks on glocals now as we are in high season and they are more technical and do not want the risk of having someone turn up totally unequipped. 

I would have thought that if something is proposed in a foreign language, there is a resaon for this and it would be up to participants or people who read the post to signal abuse.  Otherwise what is the point of having a report to Admin button.

I went through a period of putting some of my mountain walks out in French, trying to attract glocals members who were interested enough to try and mix with French speakers and it worked quite well.  Had no problem with this on glocals. 

Have stopped advertising my walks on glocals now as we are in high season and they are more technical and do not want the risk of having someone turn up totally unequipped. 

I would have thought that if something is proposed in a foreign language, there is a resaon for this and it would be up to participants or people who read the post to signal abuse.  Otherwise what is the point of having a report to Admin button.

Paul E, Aug 11, 2014 @ 23:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1428 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form