Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Friends online

Hi guys.

I noticed that the "Friends online" menu at the bottom is almost never accurate. Some friends never appear on there even if they are online and available. Also, when I go to "My friends" menu, I can see there that there are almost always more friends online that displayed under "Friends online" menu.

Can you have a look - thanks.

The text you are quoting:

Hi guys.

I noticed that the "Friends online" menu at the bottom is almost never accurate. Some friends never appear on there even if they are online and available. Also, when I go to "My friends" menu, I can see there that there are almost always more friends online that displayed under "Friends online" menu.

Can you have a look - thanks.

catalinMar 22, 2010 @ 21:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1469 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Friends online
Post 1

I already reported this problem at the end of january and epicure did so as well some days later.

So let's wait and see when the problem will be solved.

I already reported this problem at the end of january and epicure did so as well some days later.

So let's wait and see when the problem will be solved.

just_me, Mar 22, 2010 @ 21:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi guys

The 'Friends Online' box at the bottom of the page shows which friends are online, and available for a chat. Maybe we should have called in 'Friends Online & Available to Chat', but it seemed too long.

The 'Friends Online' page shows all friends online, regardless of whether or not they are available to chat, or busy.

Additionaly, the 'Friends Online' box is updated every 3 seconds, while the 'Friends Online' page is updated every 3 minutes.

Because of the above 2 issues, there is sometimes a difference between the number of people shown in the 'Friends Online' Box and the 'Friends Online' page.

I hope this is now clear, and I'm sorry about the confussion.

Oded

Hi guys

The 'Friends Online' box at the bottom of the page shows which friends are online, and available for a chat. Maybe we should have called in 'Friends Online & Available to Chat', but it seemed too long.

The 'Friends Online' page shows all friends online, regardless of whether or not they are available to chat, or busy.

Additionaly, the 'Friends Online' box is updated every 3 seconds, while the 'Friends Online' page is updated every 3 minutes.

Because of the above 2 issues, there is sometimes a difference between the number of people shown in the 'Friends Online' Box and the 'Friends Online' page.

I hope this is now clear, and I'm sorry about the confussion.

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Mar 22, 2010 @ 22:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Oded, I checked again and this is really not working as you describe it. For the past 30 minutes I had 2 friends online and available that I can see under My Friends, but Friends Online box shows 0. I also have a couple of friends that never appear in the Friends Online box when they are online. I can see them online and available though, under My Friends or even when I do a normal search by all people online.

Oded, I checked again and this is really not working as you describe it. For the past 30 minutes I had 2 friends online and available that I can see under My Friends, but Friends Online box shows 0. I also have a couple of friends that never appear in the Friends Online box when they are online. I can see them online and available though, under My Friends or even when I do a normal search by all people online.

catalin, Mar 25, 2010 @ 19:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi folks

We uploaded a fix for this, so the Friends Online numbers should be the same in the Friends page and the chat bar.

Please let me know if you notice this issue again.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Oded 

Hi folks

We uploaded a fix for this, so the Friends Online numbers should be the same in the Friends page and the chat bar.

Please let me know if you notice this issue again.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Oded 

SiteAdmin Oded, Apr 18, 2010 @ 12:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

i know that friends online at the bottom of the page is only relating to the area you have called up.

so if you are in the lausanne sections, friends on line from the geneva area don't appear.

so you have to go back and select "all" in order for it to be accurate.

also, when friends appear on line and available for chat, if you go to the profile page, you may

find that they are no longer on chat, or on line!

i know that friends online at the bottom of the page is only relating to the area you have called up.

so if you are in the lausanne sections, friends on line from the geneva area don't appear.

so you have to go back and select "all" in order for it to be accurate.

also, when friends appear on line and available for chat, if you go to the profile page, you may

find that they are no longer on chat, or on line!

epicure, Apr 18, 2010 @ 16:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1469 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form