Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > General chat with non-friends should be active ! Please write in here if you agree with this idea.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
General chat with non-friends should be active ! Please write in here if you agree with this idea.
 A while back I saw from the site admins this message "We changed the chat settings a bit so that people can only chat with their friends.  We'll run it like that for a while, and then, if people want it, we'll add the option to chat with non friends again."
WELL I REALLY REALLY WANT THE GENERAL CHAT and am sure that I am not alone. In fact, to be really honest I miss greatly the old site. I do not like the design of this new site as it is very impersonal and looks like a ready made template. I am sure that from a technical point of view it works better - but what you had in the past was better on a human level, in my humble point of view.
The text you are quoting:
 A while back I saw from the site admins this message "We changed the chat settings a bit so that people can only chat with their friends.  We'll run it like that for a while, and then, if people want it, we'll add the option to chat with non friends again."
WELL I REALLY REALLY WANT THE GENERAL CHAT and am sure that I am not alone. In fact, to be really honest I miss greatly the old site. I do not like the design of this new site as it is very impersonal and looks like a ready made template. I am sure that from a technical point of view it works better - but what you had in the past was better on a human level, in my humble point of view.
MichaelGenevSep 28, 2009 @ 18:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1326 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: General chat with non-friends should be active ! Please write in here if you agree with this idea.
Post 1

You can already chat with non friends.

Just go to the Members section, and, for members that are online and want to chat, you will see a 'Chat' icon on their profile.

Click on this icon, start chatting, and if they want to chat with you, they will reply.

Oded

You can already chat with non friends.

Just go to the Members section, and, for members that are online and want to chat, you will see a 'Chat' icon on their profile.

Click on this icon, start chatting, and if they want to chat with you, they will reply.

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Sep 28, 2009 @ 19:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: General chat with non-friends should be active ! Please write in here if you agree with this idea.
Post 2
 Cool. !!!!
 Cool. !!!!
MichaelGenev, Sep 28, 2009 @ 20:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
 ;-D
 ;-D
Medicis, Sep 28, 2009 @ 20:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 Oh!  There is chat?  I hadnt even found that yet..
I'll go
and see right now..
 Oh!  There is chat?  I hadnt even found that yet..
I'll go
and see right now..
Jana Cyberia, Oct 14, 2009 @ 17:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
 ok, found it. most mysteriously, it says I will only offer chat, and no "add
friends icon", nor the little envelope (presumably glocal mail?)so: what does this
mean? and should/can I change these settings?
 ok, found it. most mysteriously, it says I will only offer chat, and no "add
friends icon", nor the little envelope (presumably glocal mail?)so: what does this
mean? and should/can I change these settings?

Jana Cyberia, Oct 14, 2009 @ 17:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Jana

Could you please explain what you are refering to?

Thanks

Oded

Hi Jana

Could you please explain what you are refering to?

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Oct 14, 2009 @ 17:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1326 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form