Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Going back

Hi,

Everytime I press the Back-button in my browser (Safari) when I am on the Glocals-site, I am not going back to the previous page, but to the page before that. And this is quite annoying since for example if you visit a forum thread and then want to look at the next one, pressing back doesn't bring me to the list of topics, but to the list of different forums available.

Anyone else has the same problem?

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

Everytime I press the Back-button in my browser (Safari) when I am on the Glocals-site, I am not going back to the previous page, but to the page before that. And this is quite annoying since for example if you visit a forum thread and then want to look at the next one, pressing back doesn't bring me to the list of topics, but to the list of different forums available.

Anyone else has the same problem?

Laurent HNov 6, 2010 @ 10:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1449 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Going back
Post 1

Yessss!!!! I have that when I look at the classifieds, and open an item. I know I have to click on the ad to close it again, but somehow, I keep using the back button.

Very annoying!

Yessss!!!! I have that when I look at the classifieds, and open an item. I know I have to click on the ad to close it again, but somehow, I keep using the back button.

Very annoying!

drb1, Nov 9, 2010 @ 16:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

@Laurent - which browser are you using, and, does this only happen on the forums or also on other site sections?

@drb - the classifieds ads are all on the same page, so clicking the 'Back' button will take you to the previous page, not close the ad you're viewing.

Oded

@Laurent - which browser are you using, and, does this only happen on the forums or also on other site sections?

@drb - the classifieds ads are all on the same page, so clicking the 'Back' button will take you to the previous page, not close the ad you're viewing.

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Nov 9, 2010 @ 17:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I am using Safari (latest version on Mac) and it happens also in other sections. For example I just went to the groups section (from this thread) and then to the first group on the list. Then I pressed back and I arrived back at this thread without first going to the groups section (with the group list).

I am using Safari (latest version on Mac) and it happens also in other sections. For example I just went to the groups section (from this thread) and then to the first group on the list. Then I pressed back and I arrived back at this thread without first going to the groups section (with the group list).

Laurent H, Nov 9, 2010 @ 23:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

@ Oded

I know, me stupid... but I keep doing it anyway. It's because I'm looking at the ad that I think it is a new page or something. Subconciously, my hand is hovering over the mouse to click that back button...while I know I shouldn't. I'm sure I'm not the only one (am I?).

so I'll shut up and not disturb this thread anymore with the real problem from Laurent.

Smile

@ Oded

I know, me stupid... but I keep doing it anyway. It's because I'm looking at the ad that I think it is a new page or something. Subconciously, my hand is hovering over the mouse to click that back button...while I know I shouldn't. I'm sure I'm not the only one (am I?).

so I'll shut up and not disturb this thread anymore with the real problem from Laurent.

Smile

drb1, Nov 10, 2010 @ 09:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thanks Laurent.  

Seems to be some prob with the way Safari and our Messenger interact.  

We're trying to fix it and I'll update you when I have some news.

Oded

Thanks Laurent.  

Seems to be some prob with the way Safari and our Messenger interact.  

We're trying to fix it and I'll update you when I have some news.

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Nov 10, 2010 @ 10:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Oded,

The problem seems to be gone, did you already repair it??

If so, thanks a lot!

Laurent

Hi Oded,

The problem seems to be gone, did you already repair it??

If so, thanks a lot!

Laurent

Laurent H, Nov 11, 2010 @ 12:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Laurent.

I wish I could say yes but we're not that quick...

Are you sure the prob is now fixed?

Oded

Hi Laurent.

I wish I could say yes but we're not that quick...

Are you sure the prob is now fixed?

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Nov 11, 2010 @ 13:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Oded,

It seems I was a bit too quick to say that the problem was solved, because I just noticed that it is still there. So unfortunately it didn't go away by itself :)

Laurent

Hi Oded,

It seems I was a bit too quick to say that the problem was solved, because I just noticed that it is still there. So unfortunately it didn't go away by itself :)

Laurent

Laurent H, Nov 17, 2010 @ 22:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1449 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form