Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > How do I change my status to "busy"

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How do I change my status to "busy"

I'm tired of all the harassment from the ladies on this site Foot in mouth

The text you are quoting:

I'm tired of all the harassment from the ladies on this site Foot in mouth

ChrispyApr 29, 2010 @ 20:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

13 Replies | 1778 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: How do I change my status to "busy"
Post 1

I got a related question btw, just out of curiosity: do you get the "busy" status automatically when you chat with someone or setting your status manually is the only way to get "busy" ?

I got a related question btw, just out of curiosity: do you get the "busy" status automatically when you chat with someone or setting your status manually is the only way to get "busy" ?

Denis S, May 9, 2010 @ 18:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Oh, poor victim of online stalkers Wink

you can change the status in the "Friends online" field at the bottom of the page. You have to select "Busy" in the drop-down list under the "How can chat with me" question.

Oh, poor victim of online stalkers Wink

you can change the status in the "Friends online" field at the bottom of the page. You have to select "Busy" in the drop-down list under the "How can chat with me" question.

just_me, May 9, 2010 @ 18:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

... argh, spelling mistake... I meant the "WHO can chat with me" question.

... argh, spelling mistake... I meant the "WHO can chat with me" question.

just_me, May 9, 2010 @ 19:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

it still doesn't answer my question :(

it still doesn't answer my question :(

Denis S, May 9, 2010 @ 19:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

As far as I have noticed, you'll be only "busy" when you change the settings manually, because you can have servals chat windows active (or receive chat invitations from other glocals while already chatting with s.o. else) at the same time.

As far as I have noticed, you'll be only "busy" when you change the settings manually, because you can have servals chat windows active (or receive chat invitations from other glocals while already chatting with s.o. else) at the same time.

just_me, May 9, 2010 @ 19:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

basically, it's all motivated by the following observation: almost every girl who enters glocals with "available to chat" status changes it in about 30 sec to "busy" :)

the most probable reason is hiding from (male) chat maniacs, but I was wondering if there was another possibility - actual chatting which turns your status to "busy" automatically...the later possibility is also supported by the fact that the majority of male users is also "busy", but what the hell would they hide from ? (the same) chat maniacs ? :)...so, yeah, not exactly clear

basically, it's all motivated by the following observation: almost every girl who enters glocals with "available to chat" status changes it in about 30 sec to "busy" :)

the most probable reason is hiding from (male) chat maniacs, but I was wondering if there was another possibility - actual chatting which turns your status to "busy" automatically...the later possibility is also supported by the fact that the majority of male users is also "busy", but what the hell would they hide from ? (the same) chat maniacs ? :)...so, yeah, not exactly clear

Denis S, May 9, 2010 @ 21:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thanks for the reply Just_me. Finally I can browse Glocals in peace.

Thanks for the reply Just_me. Finally I can browse Glocals in peace.

Chrispy, May 9, 2010 @ 22:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

@ Denis: Since a week or so most online people on glocals are "busy". I don't know whether there has been a change in the system that results in this phenomenon. Because it's really strange that so many people switch to "busy" so quickly. Maybe you are right that the status now changes automatically when already being in a chat.

This hasn't been the case some time ago.

@ Chrispy: You are welcome. I wish you a quiet and undisturbed time when being online. Cool

@ Denis: Since a week or so most online people on glocals are "busy". I don't know whether there has been a change in the system that results in this phenomenon. Because it's really strange that so many people switch to "busy" so quickly. Maybe you are right that the status now changes automatically when already being in a chat.

@ Chrispy: You are welcome. I wish you a quiet and undisturbed time when being online. Cool

just_me, May 10, 2010 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

May 10, 10 13:05

Hi, thanks for the info... by the way I am alsways available for a nice chat when I am online. 

Cheers...

HENK Wink

Hi, thanks for the info... by the way I am alsways available for a nice chat when I am online. 

Cheers...

HENK Wink

Hendrik-Willem RIJKSE, May 10, 2010 @ 14:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

hi 

i have the same problem my status is on busy and i cannot change it.

Admin is there a bug?

hi 

i have the same problem my status is on busy and i cannot change it.

Admin is there a bug?

110V, May 13, 2010 @ 11:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hm, weird problem...

I asked the SiteAdmin to check because several people noticed that there is a problem with the chat status.
The status switches to "Busy" although people aren't in a chat, and they can't switch it back to "all members can chat with me".

So let's wait and see what the IT people can find out and hope that they can fix it soon.

Hm, weird problem...

I asked the SiteAdmin to check because several people noticed that there is a problem with the chat status.
The status switches to "Busy" although people aren't in a chat, and they can't switch it back to "all members can chat with me".

So let's wait and see what the IT people can find out and hope that they can fix it soon.

just_me, May 13, 2010 @ 12:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi guys

When you look at your own profile, you see yourself as 'Busy' because you can't chat with yourself.

Regardless, if your chat status is set to 'All Members Can Chat with Me', other members will not see you as busy.

Right now, there are 130 people online.  About 70% of them are shown as 'Available for chat' and 30% as busy.

Seems fine to me, but if I'm missing something let me know and I'll look into it.

Thanks

Oded

Hi guys

When you look at your own profile, you see yourself as 'Busy' because you can't chat with yourself.

Regardless, if your chat status is set to 'All Members Can Chat with Me', other members will not see you as busy.

Right now, there are 130 people online.  About 70% of them are shown as 'Available for chat' and 30% as busy.

Seems fine to me, but if I'm missing something let me know and I'll look into it.

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, May 13, 2010 @ 14:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi Oded,

actually I don't see myself "busy" and I can chat with myself which is fun - always nice to chat with someone smart :)

Cheers,

Denis

Hi Oded,

actually I don't see myself "busy" and I can chat with myself which is fun - always nice to chat with someone smart :)

Cheers,

Denis

Denis S, May 13, 2010 @ 15:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
13 Replies | 1778 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form