Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Need Help in finding my way around Zurich.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Need Help in finding my way around Zurich.

Het everyone, At the end of February I will be coming to Zurich for 6 months and need advice on where I could stay for the 6 months ie: BnB, Hotel ect. Any advice will be welcomed. I am looking forward to being there and hope to meet up with some of you soon. Thank you.

The text you are quoting:

Het everyone, At the end of February I will be coming to Zurich for 6 months and need advice on where I could stay for the 6 months ie: BnB, Hotel ect. Any advice will be welcomed. I am looking forward to being there and hope to meet up with some of you soon. Thank you.

Scarlett WilliamsJan 12, 2012 @ 06:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 2512 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Need Help in finding my way around Zurich.
Post 1

@Scarlett you might be better served to place this introduction in the Introductions forum.....

@Scarlett you might be better served to place this introduction in the Introductions forum.....

Zonker, Jan 12, 2012 @ 09:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you!

Thank you!

Scarlett Williams, Jan 12, 2012 @ 11:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Depends on the budget or the conditions you want.

A service apartment of 30 m2 is more or less 2500/month.

Some big companies has 10% discount.

Serviced means: Fully furnished, expenses included and weekly cleaning.

Depends on the budget or the conditions you want.

A service apartment of 30 m2 is more or less 2500/month.

Some big companies has 10% discount.

Serviced means: Fully furnished, expenses included and weekly cleaning.

Carlos Vales, Jan 12, 2012 @ 11:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Scarlett

yes, this is not really the proper forum where to post this request, nevertheless this is my contribution based on my experience:

the main website used in Switzerland for housing is www.homegate.ch, but usually aparments are only rented for long term (to people with a B or C permit) and without furniture, then even if you would be able to get one it would be anti-economic to furnish it only for 6 months.

The hotel is in my opinion not an option (unless your company is paying for it and doesn't care about the cost), as a single night in an hotel could easily cost 200 CHF, anyway you can check on www.booking.com

Bed and breakfast could be an option (www.bnb.ch) but I don't know anything about it.

There are renting companies that rent furnished temporary apartments for something starting from 2500/3000 CHF per month:

www.apartments-swiss-star.ch

www.visionapartments.eu

www.accademia.li

www.cityappartements.ch

Another possibility: if you are lucky you can find somebody that is going on holidays for some months and is subletting his/her apartment

But the main option in cases like yours is to share an apartment (to rent a room) with somebody else.

I'd say that for the last two options the glocals "Classified" andf other expats' webites forums will be a good starting point for your reserch.

Good luck !

Fabrizio

Hi Scarlett

yes, this is not really the proper forum where to post this request, nevertheless this is my contribution based on my experience:

the main website used in Switzerland for housing is www.homegate.ch, but usually aparments are only rented for long term (to people with a B or C permit) and without furniture, then even if you would be able to get one it would be anti-economic to furnish it only for 6 months.

The hotel is in my opinion not an option (unless your company is paying for it and doesn't care about the cost), as a single night in an hotel could easily cost 200 CHF, anyway you can check on www.booking.com

Bed and breakfast could be an option (www.bnb.ch) but I don't know anything about it.

There are renting companies that rent furnished temporary apartments for something starting from 2500/3000 CHF per month:

www.apartments-swiss-star.ch

www.visionapartments.eu

www.accademia.li

www.cityappartements.ch

Another possibility: if you are lucky you can find somebody that is going on holidays for some months and is subletting his/her apartment

But the main option in cases like yours is to share an apartment (to rent a room) with somebody else.

I'd say that for the last two options the glocals "Classified" andf other expats' webites forums will be a good starting point for your reserch.

Good luck !

Fabrizio

Fabrizio C, Jan 12, 2012 @ 11:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

well to share apartement short term, check the site www.wgzimmer.ch

well to share apartement short term, check the site www.wgzimmer.ch

Evelyn C, Jan 13, 2012 @ 06:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 2512 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form