Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New chat window
 Hi Oded,

Today I tested the new chat with a friend, and I found some points that disturb me or that I miss:

There is no sound anymore when a message arrives although the speakers are switched on. I don't find this very convenient because it means that you have to look on your screen all the time.

The new chat window cannot be reduced or drawn to another corner of the screen. This is disturbing when you want to look up activies etc. at the same time. I wanted to change some of my settings while chatting, but I couldn't because the chat window remained in the middle of the screen (no "-" button). So I had to close the chat.
I don't know how it will look like when having a chat with 2 persons at the same time. Will there be 2 chat windows next to each other? I might test this with some friends if I find some time...

I liked in the "old" chat that the chat invitation popped up on the right side of the screen (impossible to overlook but no covering the info/page you looked up)  and that the window could be moved once the chat was open . Furthermore, the chat window switched to the background as soon as another page (like "things to do" or "mailbox") was looked up.

Would be nice to get the sound back and the "mobility" of the chat window.

Cheers.
S
The text you are quoting:
 Hi Oded,

Today I tested the new chat with a friend, and I found some points that disturb me or that I miss:

There is no sound anymore when a message arrives although the speakers are switched on. I don't find this very convenient because it means that you have to look on your screen all the time.

The new chat window cannot be reduced or drawn to another corner of the screen. This is disturbing when you want to look up activies etc. at the same time. I wanted to change some of my settings while chatting, but I couldn't because the chat window remained in the middle of the screen (no "-" button). So I had to close the chat.
I don't know how it will look like when having a chat with 2 persons at the same time. Will there be 2 chat windows next to each other? I might test this with some friends if I find some time...

I liked in the "old" chat that the chat invitation popped up on the right side of the screen (impossible to overlook but no covering the info/page you looked up)  and that the window could be moved once the chat was open . Furthermore, the chat window switched to the background as soon as another page (like "things to do" or "mailbox") was looked up.

Would be nice to get the sound back and the "mobility" of the chat window.

Cheers.
S
just_meSep 23, 2009 @ 15:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1163 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: New chat window
Post 1

Hi just_me

1. You can minimize the chat window by clicking on the top of it (the blue top border).    
    The chat window will minimize, but the chat will not be disconnected.
2. If you minimize the widnow, you will hear a beep when you have a new message.
3. If you chat with more than one person, the chats will show up side by side.
4. You cannot move chat windows.

Oded

The text you are quoting:

Hi just_me

1. You can minimize the chat window by clicking on the top of it (the blue top border).    
    The chat window will minimize, but the chat will not be disconnected.
2. If you minimize the widnow, you will hear a beep when you have a new message.
3. If you chat with more than one person, the chats will show up side by side.
4. You cannot move chat windows.

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Sep 23, 2009 @ 16:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1163 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form