Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New site :-) slow ?
 Congratulations for the site migration.
The new site looks very slow to me though... anything to be done about it ?
Keep up the good work :-)
Marie-Pierre
The text you are quoting:
 Congratulations for the site migration.
The new site looks very slow to me though... anything to be done about it ?
Keep up the good work :-)
Marie-Pierre
Marie-PierreAug 11, 2009 @ 22:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1304 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New site :-) slow ?
Post 1
 I totally agree with Marie.
 I totally agree with Marie.
mohities, Aug 11, 2009 @ 22:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hi guys

The new site is indeed moving very slowly, and speeding it up is our highest priority.

We've already found a few 'bottlenecks' and I hope you will see a significant increase in speed in the coming days.

Thanks for your patience

Oded
Hi guys

The new site is indeed moving very slowly, and speeding it up is our highest priority.

We've already found a few 'bottlenecks' and I hope you will see a significant increase in speed in the coming days.

Thanks for your patience

Oded
SiteAdmin Oded, Aug 11, 2009 @ 23:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
 I agree that the site is too slow.  I wanted to post the same problem, but couldn't wait :) Although right now it is quite ok.
 I agree that the site is too slow.  I wanted to post the same problem, but couldn't wait :) Although right now it is quite ok.

bolverk, Aug 12, 2009 @ 00:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Similar experience here, I tried the site several times in recent days and on each occasion the site was very slow. Takes ages to change from page to page, especially when seeing who is online etc. On the old site I think it showed around 10 to 20 users per page when seeing which members are online, but now it shows less users per page which in my view is slightly less good as it means more page turning. (Or perhaps I am just not used to the new site yet.) Hope the chat function gets restored again once the site is sorted. Regards, Phil.  
Similar experience here, I tried the site several times in recent days and on each occasion the site was very slow. Takes ages to change from page to page, especially when seeing who is online etc. On the old site I think it showed around 10 to 20 users per page when seeing which members are online, but now it shows less users per page which in my view is slightly less good as it means more page turning. (Or perhaps I am just not used to the new site yet.) Hope the chat function gets restored again once the site is sorted. Regards, Phil.  
phil, Aug 12, 2009 @ 12:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
 For the few times I've used the new site, it seemed a bit faster than the old one.But
that may be due to the new hardware it was moved to.It's quite a challenge to bring
a database-driven, interactive site from the lab (where it was obviously hiding for some time)
into production use.
 For the few times I've used the new site, it seemed a bit faster than the old one.But
that may be due to the new hardware it was moved to.It's quite a challenge to bring
a database-driven, interactive site from the lab (where it was obviously hiding for some time)
into production use.

rainer_d, Aug 13, 2009 @ 04:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1304 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form