Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Notification of comments made on a group's page received by email

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Notification of comments made on a group's page received by email

Dear all,

Could anyone kindly help me in getting rid of the notifications of comments I receive by email from the groups I joined?

I would like to stop systematically receiving an email when someone posts a comment on a group's page and I do not see how to do it apart from leaving the group (which I do not really wish).

Thanks dudes.

Innocent

The text you are quoting:

Dear all,

Could anyone kindly help me in getting rid of the notifications of comments I receive by email from the groups I joined?

I would like to stop systematically receiving an email when someone posts a comment on a group's page and I do not see how to do it apart from leaving the group (which I do not really wish).

Thanks dudes.

Innocent

HaflelouNov 13, 2012 @ 10:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1944 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Notification of comments made on a group's page received by email
Post 1

as far as i can see, it's not possible. Normally, you'd go to the "Settings" link by your name in the top right corner of glocals and then click the "Notifications" tab and deal with it there, but I'm guessing that since the Groups feature was not an integral part of the system initially, the implementation was not thought through fully and thus was not included in the Notifications system.

This is the inverse of the other Group problem.... Posting a group event which doesn't actually tell group members about the event.

Another half-baked feature, sadly.

as far as i can see, it's not possible. Normally, you'd go to the "Settings" link by your name in the top right corner of glocals and then click the "Notifications" tab and deal with it there, but I'm guessing that since the Groups feature was not an integral part of the system initially, the implementation was not thought through fully and thus was not included in the Notifications system.

This is the inverse of the other Group problem.... Posting a group event which doesn't actually tell group members about the event.

Another half-baked feature, sadly.

Zonker, Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Sorry Guys,

I found the answer myself finally.

In case any of you would be interested, the solution is to go to the group page and untick the box "Notify me when comments are posted" on the right hand side of GROUP COMMENTS...

I Hope it helps...

Cheers Laughing

Sorry Guys,

In case any of you would be interested, the solution is to go to the group page and untick the box "Notify me when comments are posted" on the right hand side of GROUP COMMENTS...

I Hope it helps...

Cheers Laughing

Haflelou, Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

This is how you unsubscribe for notifications..

@Zonker, if you post a group event, you just have to invite the members and they will be notified..

This is how you unsubscribe for notifications..

@Zonker, if you post a group event, you just have to invite the members and they will be notified..

Ehsaan, Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

@ehsaan and yet it has not worked several times where people tell me "i didn't know you had posted an event"....

@ehsaan and yet it has not worked several times where people tell me "i didn't know you had posted an event"....

Zonker, Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Nov 13, 12 11:43

Thats strange, because my group has 900+ members and everytime I post a group activity, I invite group members and they receive a notification..

The confirmation of is shown on the event page...

Thats strange, because my group has 900+ members and everytime I post a group activity, I invite group members and they receive a notification..

Ehsaan, Nov 13, 2012 @ 12:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Nov 13, 12 12:11

The number of people who are notified and haven't responded yet is shown on the event page..

The number of people who are notified and haven't responded yet is shown on the event page..

Ehsaan, Nov 13, 2012 @ 12:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

one (or several) examples of something *working* does not prove that it works always. One example of something *not* working proves that it does not always work.

That's all I'm saying.

one (or several) examples of something *working* does not prove that it works always. One example of something *not* working proves that it does not always work.

That's all I'm saying.

Zonker, Nov 13, 2012 @ 12:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Sorry Guys,

I Hope it helps...

Cheers Laughing

Nov 13, 12 11:09

One way to cancel the notifications is indeed to uncheck the 'Notify me when comments are posted' box on the group page.

Another way is to click the 'Cancel Group Notifications' link at the bottom of the notification mails you get.

Sorry if this is not clear enough.

Thanks

Oded

One way to cancel the notifications is indeed to uncheck the 'Notify me when comments are posted' box on the group page.

Another way is to click the 'Cancel Group Notifications' link at the bottom of the notification mails you get.

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Nov 13, 2012 @ 13:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Thanks

Oded

Nov 13, 12 13:03

Groups being a new feature, guess we're all still getting used to it. Wink

I think it'd help everyone to use standard terms: like Subscribe to comments on this group & Unsubscribe from comments on [XYZ] group. My deux centimes.

Groups being a new feature, guess we're all still getting used to it. Wink

I think it'd help everyone to use standard terms: like Subscribe to comments on this group & Unsubscribe from comments on [XYZ] group. My deux centimes.

Arun K V, Nov 13, 2012 @ 13:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1944 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form