Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Posting a new event - differences between the two activity types?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Posting a new event - differences between the two activity types?

When posting an event, the first thing that pops up is a dialogue box asking if it's going to be a "member activity" or "event announcement". I'm not quite clear on what exactly is the difference? In some cases, it's a bit blurry on what it is, for example if I want to post something like "there is this public event x I'm going to, if anyone wants to join..."

I'm simply asking because I'm not sure what happens if I label something as an announcement/event. Will something happen like having it be automatically classified in a spam bin, or treated differently? I'd be thankful if I could get a bit of clarification on this.

The text you are quoting:

When posting an event, the first thing that pops up is a dialogue box asking if it's going to be a "member activity" or "event announcement". I'm not quite clear on what exactly is the difference? In some cases, it's a bit blurry on what it is, for example if I want to post something like "there is this public event x I'm going to, if anyone wants to join..."

I'm simply asking because I'm not sure what happens if I label something as an announcement/event. Will something happen like having it be automatically classified in a spam bin, or treated differently? I'd be thankful if I could get a bit of clarification on this.

JouniOct 14, 2011 @ 10:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1475 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Posting a new event - differences between the two activity types?
Post 1

Hi

my understanding is that a "memeber activity" is something you announce, you will take part, and somehow organize the activity or the partecipation of a group.

An "event announcement" is someting like a "for your information" of an existing (often commercial) event; you could be there, but you will not organize any group.

Ciaociao

Fabrizio

Hi

my understanding is that a "memeber activity" is something you announce, you will take part, and somehow organize the activity or the partecipation of a group.

An "event announcement" is someting like a "for your information" of an existing (often commercial) event; you could be there, but you will not organize any group.

Ciaociao

Fabrizio

Fabrizio C, Oct 14, 2011 @ 10:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Posting a new event - differences between the two activity types?
Post 2

Oh, and he main difference is that "Event announcements" don't appear on the home page "latest events".

Oh, and he main difference is that "Event announcements" don't appear on the home page "latest events".

Fabrizio C, Oct 14, 2011 @ 10:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1475 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form