Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Pre-filtering of the Things to Do List

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Pre-filtering of the Things to Do List

If you go to the Things to Do-List, only member activities are listed by default. And I suppose, most people only browse this list. Unfortunately, Event Announcements are grouped together with Commercial Events which is very likely to stop people to have also a look at this list (there are also FREE events announced! so not very commercial).

As an example: May 10th, there is one and the same activity "Cuban Salsa" posted twice:

- in the the Member Activity List (268 views, 3 attending) 

- in the Event Announcement/Commercial Activity List (only 12 views!!!).

Knowing this "barrier", I announced the free visit of the Geneva Book Fair in the Member Activity List (to be sure that people will see it) instead of posting it in the EA List... Innocent And it turned out to be the right idea... Wink

Would it be possible to have by default "All Things to Do" shown (meaning no pre-filtering)?

The text you are quoting:

If you go to the Things to Do-List, only member activities are listed by default. And I suppose, most people only browse this list. Unfortunately, Event Announcements are grouped together with Commercial Events which is very likely to stop people to have also a look at this list (there are also FREE events announced! so not very commercial).

As an example: May 10th, there is one and the same activity "Cuban Salsa" posted twice:

- in the the Member Activity List (268 views, 3 attending) 

- in the Event Announcement/Commercial Activity List (only 12 views!!!).

Knowing this "barrier", I announced the free visit of the Geneva Book Fair in the Member Activity List (to be sure that people will see it) instead of posting it in the EA List... Innocent And it turned out to be the right idea... Wink

Would it be possible to have by default "All Things to Do" shown (meaning no pre-filtering)?

just_meMay 17, 2010 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1235 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1235 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form